GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Spin - Continental DWS06?

deaddog

Passed Driver's Ed
I get lots of wheel spin in my 2019 GTI Autobahn on stock Potenzas. For those of you who have swapped Potenzas to these Contis, can you describe any change in wheel spin, particularly from a dead stop (not a launch, just stepping on it from a light). Worth the $700ish?

Note that I asked the identical question for the Michelin A/S3+ and got lots of great answers. Now I'm trying to decide between the two tires. The key question for me is the amount of wheel spin in a straight line - the Michelins are said to have better dry traction but I think that means cornering, not straight line - but maybe I'm wrong. On all the other attributes, I think its a toss up (although I hear Contis better in snow and Michelin a bit noisy and stiffer ride)

Thanks

deaddog

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks but I'm not talking anything extreme. Just a heavy foot from a red light on dry pavement has my Potenzas screaming and slipping. I'm looking to reduce that, not eliminate it, with an AS tire, not limited scope tires.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Probably only way to eliminate it with A/S tires is pedal control from a launch or sticky performance tires...otherwise im pretty sure nothing you can do

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
They certainly help, is it worth the $700 price tag? Subjective.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
thanks and totally get that its subjective on the dollars. Any experience comparing the Contis to the Michelin A/S3+ on wheel spin?

No, but I'm VERY happy with the DWS06. :D

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Buy a winter set and a summer set.

Enjoy.

All season tires are a big compromise year around

Summer tires and Winter tires are also compromises outside of their operating parameters.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
You’ll need drag radials to get traction from a dig. Or custom cobb tune with spark cut

I've thought about buying 2 more wheels and a pair of M&H 245/40/18 drag radials for the frequent runs to Mexico. Also thinking of an EQT turbo and switching to Cobb during the upcoming sale. How good is the Cobb performance oriented traction control?
Buy a winter set and a summer set.

Enjoy.

All season tires are a big compromise year around

I agree with this statement. One night of driving in wet, sub 40* weather on PS4S was pretty sketchy. Even the cheap Falken winter tires I have do great in the wet so far. They handle pretty well, although I've been spoiled by the 245/40/18 PS4S as far as handling and forward traction goes.