GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel bolts for track? Have you upgraded?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have used Titanium from USP for a few years. Love them. Do not rust and stay clean.
Very smooth threading in. Good quality hardware. Do not have big salt issues in Tennessee but after being on my car 2 years straight, I removed this week and they look perfect. Clean with no rust.

Yep, I have the same ones and they are pretty damn good! @jay745 they are much lighter than the OEM ones, I'd say you get more than a pound off.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
If you change your wheels a lot that also tends to put more wear on the hub threads which studs will reduce, otherwise lug bolts are just fine.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
All this talk about titanium lugs nuts got me thinking, so I reached out to the guy that made TI brake shims for a bunch of us before. Looks like a set of TI lugnuts from him would run anywhere between $330 for simple open-ended ones, to $425 for a set of closed-end ones. Too rich for my blood. If anyone feels so inclined, hunt down Yperion Titanium on FB and reach out to him. He's a good guy. I bought 12 sets of brake pad shims from him and he was great to deal with. Sure it seems weird to send money to some dude in somewhere Eastern Europe for handmade titanium parts...but he is legit.

He didn't include pricing, but if a bunch of people got together and bought 10 sets he would drop the per-set price a good bit. Probably like 20%.

636DD10B-3204-454C-AE85-892E8A595513.png
D299FE99-10D0-41C9-83B3-5F41B4959D2A.png

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
All this talk about titanium lugs nuts got me thinking, so I reached out to the guy that made TI brake shims for a bunch of us before. Looks like a set of TI lugnuts from him would run anywhere between $330 for simple open-ended ones, to $425 for a set of closed-end ones. Too rich for my blood. If anyone feels so inclined, hunt down Yperion Titanium on FB and reach out to him. He's a good guy. I bought 12 sets of brake pad shims from him and he was great to deal with. Sure it seems weird to send money to some dude in somewhere Eastern Europe for handmade titanium parts...but he is legit.

He didn't include pricing, but if a bunch of people got together and bought 10 sets he would drop the per-set price a good bit. Probably like 20%.

View attachment 196579View attachment 196580

Titanium paddle shift extensions!

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Is there anything specific I should look for in a set of studs for Neuspeed wheels?
Yes, the neuspeed wheels use ball seats not conical! The studs should be 14 x1.5 and of the appropriate length is you run spacers or you don't.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
You will need R13 lug nuts to go with the Neuspeeds.