GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is with all the SPAM about gummies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
A new forum being created with the goal of shutting this place down won't be advertised here I can tell you that much.
I mean... it's not like anything is really stopping spam bots from advertising whatever they want here already, lol

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
This place is definitely functional. I come here first then everywhere else if need be. And I'd rather hit up a forum than go the FB route. Nothing against FB as it's a decent resource as well but, it's harder to search for info in my opinion.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
This place is definitely functional. I come here first then everywhere else if need be. And I'd rather hit up a forum than go the FB route. Nothing against FB as it's a decent resource as well but, it's harder to search for info in my opinion.
Facebook is an awful resource to search for good information, and most of the information you are able to find is just wrong.

Every time I think about popping my head in there I see another - I just went stage 2 on my stock is20 and am definitely making 400hp at the wheels!!! thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
You're gonna end up with a pop tune if you go to facebook.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You're gonna end up with a pop tune if you go to facebook.

community-poppop.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As someone who runs a high traffic website (thinking about migrating the forums there), stopping spam isn't hard.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Facebook is an awful resource to search for good information, and most of the information you are able to find is just wrong.

Every time I think about popping my head in there I see another - I just went stage 2 on my stock is20 and am definitely making 400hp at the wheels!!! thread
Facebook makes me want. To. Die.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Preaching to the choir.

A good # of us are in IT or can easily fix these issues - if we had the permissions. Can't do anything while the admins don't speak. There's so much good info out on the forums though, due to the community being an excellent community that it's hard to let go.

Someone start paying for a confluence site.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Jk I got it. That's been bugging me for a while.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I mod a VW Atlas forum and know the spam pain. Every morning while sitting on the toilet brought on the sound of my Kurerig I would delete spam...admin finally fixed it.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
That's basically creating a new forum. Would be damn near impossible to transfer the content there.

And yes, if I were gone for a week this place would be riddled with spam. There's about 75 spam posts daily, and occasionally we get attacked. Thanksgiving last year there were 3500+ spam posts created overnight.

Another 'outside the box idea'. What if you were to create a new personal account for yourself and share the login credentials of your current account with a few trusted folks to help with your workload, or at a minimum a backup? I'm assuming you don't have the ability to give other accounts the same permissions you have..??.. It just seems like a lot of work for one person, and I know I speak for many, but your work here is definitely appreciated.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
That's really crappy. Should consider a migration. Maybe take up some donations to help get a revamped site off the ground where admins aren't ghosts?

I'd step up for that..

Status
Not open for further replies.