GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is with all the SPAM about gummies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I don't appreciate logging and seeing 2 pages worth of spam threads about stupid gummies. Can we get something done please? That or put me in touch with the admin to the site and I will do it myself.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
1693229850764.gif

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It's Jay's favorite type of thread!

The why the spammers and no admin thread!

To answer the question admin abandoned us long ago. Not sure how long, since there hasn't been an admin since I've joined. We only have one mod that's still a regular around here and he cleans up the gummy threads during his morning poops. Best thing you can do is just mark them as spam so they're easier to clean up.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Sigh. Basically what dtfd said. The admins have long abandoned this site and I'm all that's left. I have no control to prevent the spam, all I can do is ban them as they come and delete them. I do this every single day and they keep coming.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sigh. Basically what dtfd said. The admins have long abandoned this site and I'm all that's left. I have no control to prevent the spam, all I can do is ban them as they come and delete them. I do this every single day and they keep coming.

1693232865764.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I call dibs on making this thread next week.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1693234242566.jpg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Do you have access to all the admin rights? There are a few ways to set the shell to reject specific words or phrases. I used to mod a an Invision Community and we had that capability, spam was reduced to almost nothing.

I found this links... don't know if they are still active as they are from 2011-2013, but they are very similar to the ones we used. One of them is an add-on, so there that goes... since the admins would have to pay for it, but the other one is supposed to be an option for the board. I usually wait till around 9-10 CST to check the forum because of all the spam.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/stop-spam-words.16016/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/spam-prevention-and-management.51091/

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yea Yea, I whine because I work in I.T. and I know this can be corrected. Let me know if yall want me to aid/assist/help or whatever. I'll need access.

This is the problem.

The only people who have access (the admins) abandoned the site years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.