GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
listen man, i get what your saying but you should not be provided with a new mat for free, its a $196 mat for the car. They offer to take it back and send you a new one all for free. All you need to do is put it in a box and return it. Imagine if it was a turbo and cost xxxx$ and you ran the business. Would you say "ok customer, let me just send you a new turbo and you can give the one with a scratch to your buddy or wife" They will likely fix the defective product and resell it or give it to the owners friend for free. They are a business and need to survive too. Thats just how it works.

The assumptions you make to prove a point are astonishing. That and you state I'm asking for something new, for free. There is no "dropping it in a box and sending it back" even if you're in a city like Philly. I'm in the Poconos, closest FedEx is 35 minutes one-way (no pickup). It's literally not worth the time to RMA these. I would on a $XXXX.XX turbo to be certain but wow that's a stretch for the sake of debate. I asked for a 50% refund, or they keep my $200 and send me a set for my wife's car. I've started, operated and sold multiple business. Feel free to PM me and I'll share with you my credentials. The net result is 50% off either way. If its easier for them to give me cash back great, if its easier (and I'd suspect more profitable) to send me another set, great.

I have zero problems spending money for quality parts. I'd never ask for any handouts, freebies or otherwise attempt to exploit a scenario. With that cost comes a certain level of expectation. The affordance of that expectation is relative to the price I'm willing to pay. If you want to compete in the > $200 floor mat space, bring something other than $50 quality control.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You wont even notice that stuff once they're in the car... Quick work with a heat gun would probably get the fingerprint out.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
24mm H&R RSB to be paired with Moog end links. Bought it kind of on a whim...
IMG_1556.jpeg

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

blergrd

Ready to race!
Usp intake. Just read a post after I bought it how it doesn't have that much improvement over stock but I don't care much. Got it on a good sale

Attachments

• 20200527_175358.jpg
    20200527_175358.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 92

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
AMS Catted DP. Pulling the heat shield and dropping the pipe off for satin black ceramic tomorrow, I’m pretty stoked.

Edited - Add pic of heat shield off, hats off AMS for the attention to detail and cast provisioning for the shield.

Attachments

• 729DA99A-9430-4555-8EB4-2B577F994776.jpeg
    729DA99A-9430-4555-8EB4-2B577F994776.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 3A37C566-096A-43F6-A431-4AAA6A325A24.jpeg
    3A37C566-096A-43F6-A431-4AAA6A325A24.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
It's so damn expensive for a peice of piping and a cat.... I still want it tho.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Your going to really enjoy that RSB. I've had mine for over a year and its the perfect size IMO.
Very pleased with it... Changes the whole feel of the car on turn in. Hoping to test it out on RT 226a in Little Switzerland, NC next week.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R