GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I worried about this at first, but I have my driver sides cut out with a scoop and in an absolute monsoon on the highway I was fine. Granted I wasn't giving it the beans at you could only see 5 feet ahead but right when I got home I looked and there wasn't a drop of water past the duct or in the intake pan. You have to think its also very hot inside the engine bay so all water droplets would probably burn up quick
There is a small gap between the edge of the duct and the start of intake as well, plus once air enters the airbox it has to travel UP through the filter before it heads towards the turbo. I’m not concerned about it.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
His (GTI of course), hers (Mazda3 Turbo). Not today but recently brought the Mazda3 home.
Nice. Mid 2000s-on Mazda vehicles are a lot like a Japanese VW to me; generally sportier dynamics and nicer interiors than the competitors, though other Japanese brands are starting to step up on the interior front.

Mazda's lack of a true Mazdaspeed3 replacement is what got me to replace it with my GTI before the tin worm infestation underneath it got dangerously bad. I'm sure that the current Mazda3 is very nice, but they're clearly going for more of a luxury feel these days. I get that, since it's hard to be a small independent brand without luxury margins. We still have a 2014 CX-5 that's our primary family hauler. My wife and I liked the Tiguan of the same period, but the cargo area was so small that it wasn't going to be much of a space upgrade from my Mazdaspeed3 apart from being taller.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Cant wait to get the rubbers in to slap these things on

Attachments

• BCDC3D15-5653-4E16-8C84-7FBF8E9A0A39.jpeg
    BCDC3D15-5653-4E16-8C84-7FBF8E9A0A39.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Nice. Mid 2000s-on Mazda vehicles are a lot like a Japanese VW to me; generally sportier dynamics and nicer interiors than the competitors, though other Japanese brands are starting to step up on the interior front.

Mazda's lack of a true Mazdaspeed3 replacement is what got me to replace it with my GTI before the tin worm infestation underneath it got dangerously bad. I'm sure that the current Mazda3 is very nice, but they're clearly going for more of a luxury feel these days. I get that, since it's hard to be a small independent brand without luxury margins. We still have a 2014 CX-5 that's our primary family hauler. My wife and I liked the Tiguan of the same period, but the cargo area was so small that it wasn't going to be much of a space upgrade from my Mazdaspeed3 apart from being taller.
Yeah honestly the Mazda3 with the turbo is great. I find it the perfect car for my wife as it has enough pep yet the ride is super good, smooth, quiet, and more luxurious like you said. What really amazes me is the quality of the sound system. I am jealous every time I get in it (and I have the fender...)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I got a bottle of touch up for my black pretorias and their curb damage 🤦‍♂️

Spent my afternoon sound deadening the roof of the Tacoma, so no pics of GTI stuffs.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Hell yeah! Right now is the time to sell and capitalize on the equity and buy something you really want! Expensive yet totally worth it.

We can’t get the vultures, I mean realtors, to leave us alone. We could pocket a ton on this place, but then we’d be in very much a sellers market, fighting over the scraps.

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
We can’t get the vultures, I mean realtors, to leave us alone. We could pocket a ton on this place, but then we’d be in very much a sellers market, fighting over the scraps.
Agreed! Only reason we pulled the trigger is due to finding the new house and having the timing line up perfectly