GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Santa got me new center caps for my two year old wheels.

20201225_102923.jpg

20201225_102851.jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Got some rotors and pads today in the mail. The box with the two front rotors are HEAVY. I got a non-pp and didn’t think the front rotors were this big. Overall, the quality is pretty good. Can’t wait to get them installed.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-brake-kit-zimmerman-textar-534856

View attachment 197293

Are these direct OE replacement, or is there any notable performance improvement from these rotors/pads? Either way seems well priced for quality stuff.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Are these direct OE replacement, or is there any notable performance improvement from these rotors/pads? Either way seems well priced for quality stuff.
Their considered an OE replacement. Idk about any noticeable performance. I will see when I install them. Hopefully their alot better than the stock ones. My front wheels STAY getting dirty with the stock pads

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Their considered an OE replacement. Idk about any noticeable performance. I will see when I install them. Hopefully their alot better than the stock ones. My front wheels STAY getting dirty with the stock pads

i will be interested to hear your impressions. Alltracks come with non-PP GTI brakes so these would fit my car too. Just interested to see what options o have aside from StopTech blanks and EBC redstuffs

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I got a d-dock so I set up android auto and used that for the first time ever. Think I'll be pretty happy with that set up. Android auto was cool to use with a couple apps going at the same time. I wasn't expecting the d-dock to have the adjustability it has too. Got that set up so it slides into the usb c port on the first try.

Also got a 24mm superpro rsb. Might wait til next weekend to install that.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I got a d-dock so I set up android auto and used that for the first time ever. Think I'll be pretty happy with that set up. Android auto was cool to use with a couple apps going at the same time. I wasn't expecting the d-dock to have the adjustability it has too. Got that set up so it slides into the usb c port on the first try.

dude I did the 24mm superpro bar on my otherwise stock suspension Alltrack and it made all the difference in the world. I can only imagine how much better the net difference is on a Golf R that starts out with a performance suspension. Enjoy man.

what endlinks did you get?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
dude I did the 24mm superpro bar on my otherwise stock suspension Alltrack and it made all the difference in the world. I can only imagine how much better the net difference is on a Golf R that starts out with a performance suspension. Enjoy man.

what endlinks did you get?

The superpro endlinks.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The superpro endlinks.

Word. Me too. Like many suspension related items, they will likely loosen up a week or two after initial install. Be ready for the pops to arise a week or two later. Just be ready to retighten them as soon as you detect them loosening up.

I’ve been good ever since I had them retightened 2 weeks after initial install.

0 increase in Noise, Vibration, or Harshness post-install. 50% increase in overall rigidity/rotation willingness on otherwise stock suspension. Extra bonus, the car tracks straighter on the highway than it did before the upgrade.

your mileage may vary bc Golf R, not Alltrack. Just figured I’d share my experiences with a fellow 4Motion MQB guy going full Superpro RSB+endlinks

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Word. Me too. Like many suspension related items, they will likely loosen up a week or two after initial install. Be ready for the pops to arise a week or two later. Just be ready to retighten them as soon as you detect them loosening up.

I’ve been good ever since I had them retightened 2 weeks after initial install.

0 increase in Noise, Vibration, or Harshness post-install. 50% increase in overall rigidity/rotation willingness on otherwise stock suspension. Extra bonus, the car tracks straighter on the highway than it did before the upgrade.

your mileage may vary bc Golf R, not Alltrack. Just figured I’d share my experiences with a fellow 4Motion MQB guy going full Superpro RSB+endlinks

Did you do the install with the rear wheels still on?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

Ddock is the best mod anyone will ever do. My buddy just printed our first iteration of one and I’m going to test it out soon.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Did you do the install with the rear wheels still on?
On ramps/ground with the suspension loaded is the preferred method. Personally, I've never had to retighten...