GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I know this wasn't directed at me but I can't bring myself to install this, haha.

Yeah I thought hard about that one, but In the end when I see the installed pics I’m
Not sold on the look, then again I also don’t want the digital dash so... ya know strokes.

Nothing wrong with that.

Myself, my car is gonna be a China special when it's said and done. The Chinese Digital Dash aftermarket retrofit is already on it's way. I would have had an 8" screen today if the seller didn't send me the wrong one. Once my 8" matte screen sells, I'll be ordering that capacitive climatronic unit. While not officially from China, have the BFI GSB shift knob on order. Top it all off with the Chinese special carbon steering wheel (which I'm 100% convinced is the same exact thing you can get for twice as much from EZT or TAW Customs)...

1606780028319.png

Like you said though, different strokes.

sharkbait20

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Installed new DEauto remote color changing footwell lights! DOPE!

Got OBDeleven in the mail.

Just ordered EQT 93 oct base OTS tune. waiting for Accessport and panel filter to come in the mail. BIG shoutout to Cobb for their exemplary customer service! 12/10 would recommend this company as they have gone above and beyond in their product offering, competitive prices, fast shipping, and excellent customer service!

unfortunately, I have 1 year 6 months left on my warranty and I’m going to wait a while before installing the tune. The saw prices were

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
unfortunately, I have 1 year 6 months left on my warranty and I’m going to wait a while before installing the tune.

Same here. AP sits on desk mocking me “it’s just one flash counter off”. Got one with Stg193 and the Cobb TCU tunes. Running the JB4 for now but want so bad to try TCU tune.

sharkbait20

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Same here. AP sits on desk mocking me “it’s just one flash counter off”. Got one with Stg193 and the Cobb TCU tunes. Running the JB4 for now but want so bad to try TCU tune.
I have someone that would sell me a JB4 for $250. I'm considering doing it until warranty is up and then selling it, but why pay for something twice if I dont have to. Worth it or nah?

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I have someone that would sell me a JB4 for $250. I'm considering doing it until warranty is up and then selling it, but why pay for something twice if I dont have to. Worth it or nah?

yep. Snag the AFR no tap harness from EBay and enjoy. I run map 3 with some E in the tank. Supposedly pretty even with the EQ map or close enough. Good news is you can sell for the $250 you spent in a year

Nit a bad idea to read up on piggy back vs flash tunes if you’re the type who wants to know the differences.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
yep. Snag the AFR no tap harness from EBay and enjoy. I run map 3 with some E in the tank. Supposedly pretty even with the EQ map or close enough. Good news is you can sell for the $250 you spent in a year

Nit a bad idea to read up on piggy back vs flash tunes if you’re the type who wants to know the differences.
yupp been waiting to sell mine, just kinda looking for the right time (when I have an extra 400) assume I can get 250 then +400 = ap for a tune that i cannot customize but future plans

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ordered a non-nav 8" glass screen off eBay, 5G0-619-605-C. Hard to tell from a single photo, but looked to be in fine condition, although a little dirty.

View attachment 194475

What was delivered today...

View attachment 194476

🤔

I mean, I guess it is in fine condition. I just have no use for the composition media 17A-035-868 unit...

So, sent back the wrong part, and ordered screen #2....

1606850416123.png

Unfortunately, all they had was one low res picture of the front, so hard to gauge the condition, but looks fine. This one was actually only $140. So we'll see what comes next Monday...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The remaining parts to build up my front struts off of the car; strut mounts (eurosport camber pucks going in these), spring seats, bump stops, dust boots. USB-C port finally arrived, although it doesn't seem it will work with my MIB 2.5, easy enough to try it and verify though. And as usual, random one time use hardware, not pictured.
IMG_20201201_183934.jpg
IMG_20201201_183958.jpg

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Stage 2 ecu and dsg tune, loaded on stage 1+ until I get a downpipe
IMG_20201201_213725102~2.jpg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S