GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Maintenance stuff (Motul Oil, oil change kit, coolant). And some touch up paint

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Stg. 1 from IE plus powerlink cable. Some TE connectors to finish up the rewire for the headlights.

Anyone know the PN or have a link to some dummy plugs for the 14 pin headlight connectors two sizes?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Picked up the Stern rear subframe brace I ordered. Thanks to @billbadass for all the info!

20201203_172523.jpg

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I remember reading here about the difference in the torque specs for the Eurosport front chassis brace compared to the VW specs for the strut tower bolts. Does anyone know why the difference?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I remember reading here about the difference in the torque specs for the Eurosport front chassis brace compared to the VW specs for the strut tower bolts. Does anyone know why the difference?
Stock is 15Nm + 90 degrees, Eurosport is 22 Ftlbs period from their instructions.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
That doesn't help since I already knew the WHAT. I was asking about the WHY. I found the thread I was looking for, just finished reading it.
Ah, I believe the consensus in the other thread was the Eurosport are not stretch bolts, and stock are. Could be wrong. I just torqued to 22ftlbs when I installed and checked on it a little later to make sure nothing was loose.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ah, I believe the consensus in the other thread was the Eurosport are not stretch bolts, and stock are. Could be wrong. I just torqued to 22ftlbs when I installed and checked on it a little later to make sure nothing was loose.

Yeah, looks that way. I just followed the instructions (I'm no smarter than the mechanical engineers that determined the proper torque values). Meh.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nothing fun, but the first piece for my piano black trim swap.

PXL_20201204_182135672.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Had one in my fiesta st, g35, and now gti. They’re awesome and recommend them to all of my friends.
Living in FL I’m genuinely surprised at how few people use sun shades.

I'm also in FL. After owning a mk4 for 6 years and then a mk6 for 6 years and after watching both of those interiors degrade due to sun damage, the covercraft sunscreen was one of the first things I got. There's been a few days I've forgot to put it up and there's an obvious difference in how hot the car gets. It definitely helps.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm also in FL. After owning a mk4 for 6 years and then a mk6 for 6 years and after watching both of those interiors degrade due to sun damage, the covercraft sunscreen was one of the first things I got. There's been a few days I've forgot to put it up and there's an obvious difference in how hot the car gets. It definitely helps.
Yeah, between using a Covercraft or similar and ceramic window tint, it's amazing how much cooler a car can stay when parked outside.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah, between using a Covercraft or similar and ceramic window tint, it's amazing how much cooler a car can stay when parked outside.

Ceramic tint is next on my list. My car came tinted and I was really hoping it had ceramic installed, but the back window is starting to bubble so it sounds likely that it's not ceramic. I'm gonna have all the windows redone sometime soon.