GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Has anyone here bought an AMS intercooler lately? I received a replacement for the first one I received that had several pretty badly bent fins, and it looks hideous. I understand the fins are pretty easy to bend even with a finger, but holy shit, it looks hideous like they don't give two fucks about delivering a quality product.

Is it coming straight from AMS?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
AMS doesn't ship to CA, so it goes to MAP first, but as far as I can tell all MAP does is just reroute it to me without even opening the box. The box is labelled AMS, there's no indication MAP does anything to the contents.

That sucks. Somebody in the AMS shipping department needs to be fired.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Attachments

• 20201001_191943.jpg
    20201001_191943.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20201001_191947.jpg
    20201001_191947.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20201001_191955.jpg
    20201001_191955.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
  • 20201001_191958.jpg
    20201001_191958.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 20201001_191951.jpg
    20201001_191951.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
And that's just one side.

Damn that's pretty unacceptable from a fit and finish standpoint.

The upside is that I don't think this will affect performance in any meaningful way.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Damn that's pretty unacceptable from a fit and finish standpoint.

The upside is that I don't think this will affect performance in any meaningful way.

Two of the tubes on the other side have visible signs of impact damage. I don't know what they did to the IC, how it was being thrown around, and what other damage it may have. Comparing it to the first one I was going to send back, this one looks like complete shit. I'll be asking for a discount and keeping the first one. They were offering me a discount originally anyway, and I think it's only fair as this IC ordeal has dragged on longer than it should.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
As far as builds go I think you might have done more than anyone considering the performance stuff, suspension and cosmetic mods.
Yeah, my OCD has taken over with this cars😂😂! To add to it I keep changing shit cause said items just didn’t hit that goal or vision I had for it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
DCC Harness for my retrofit. I should note that this harness is built with the assumption that your car has headlight leveling and thus already has the rear left leveling sensor (G76). My car does not 🤦🏿‍♂️. So I need to order a four pin connector and pins for that... hopefully I can find a pigtail on eBay. The DCC harness is wired for you to tie into the existing wires for that sensor.
IMG_20201001_235130.jpg

Keen eyes might also notice the 3QF front radar in the top left corner 🤭.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I received my Oettinger Spoiler from White Plains VW - Good price and cheap shipping.

Now I have to decide if I paint it gloss black to contrast and match the blades and TCR diffuser or match the pure white...

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I can’t find the tread for giving stuff away (someone link me to it if you know), but I’d like to re home these.

OEM Audi rear spring pads, which add about 10mm of thickness/height vs what comes on our cars.

Purpose: VWR lowering springs are made for DSG cars, which are more front heavy than 6MT. These level out the rear to match the front ride height 6MT with VWR springs.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
giving away just the pads, or shocks and springs too?

VWR springs are sold (to a repeat customer who asked on my YT channel if they were up for grabs) and will be shipping today, struts/shocks are worn out and might sit incase my car ever gets totaled (still have OEM springs).

Just wanna pass on the pads so someone else can enjoy them.