GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Oh, a letter from dealership reminding me the car is due a service in 30 days. I freakin' know it's due: dealership had already emailed me and sent 3 texts plus the car itself 'pinged' the info up on the screen. This, in addition to the concept I embrace of writing 'future stuff I gotta do' on my calendar. Guess said dealership really (really) want to make sure I don't miss the service, or being a bit overly helpful....

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
BFI stage 1 engine/trans mounts and APR dogbone insert. I'm looking forward to installing these tomorrow.

WadeRoberson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA
I just bought an AC mounted magnetic and adjustable phone mount on Amazon. It was like $11 and was definitely worth it. You have to put a small thin metal plate that uses 3m adhesive on the back of your phone so that it'll work. The magnets are crazy crazy strong. Even if you have a huge phone it'll work. The part that clamps to the AC and the part that swivels both have twisting locks to secure them into the exact position you want. It’s very sturdy, would recommend. I’ve been using the mount with racelogic pro (app) to always have a GPS based digital speedometer. I’m going to buy a Garmin GLO GPS soon to make that that much more accurate. The Garmin GLO uses both GPS (31 satellites) and GLONASS (Soviet GPS equivalent, 24 satellites) to ensure it’s always connected to enough satellites to be accurate. It’s also 10Hz (10 updates/second) whereas most phones are 1Hz. The Garmin GLO and the the phone mount will let me accurately record 0-60, get accurate speeds during launches that spin tires and make the cars speedo freak out, and always have an accurate speedometer no matter what wheel/tire setup I switch to (my current wheel tire setup theoretically should throw the cars speedo -2.2% off).

This is an old phone just to demonstrate, I'm using the phone I actually use with this setup (s7 active) to take the pictures.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
I am working on fitment with the MAPerformance intake. I also ran into an issue that I remedied myself.

The filter for the secondary pump was too small. It did not fit. So, I went to a local bike repair shop and bought a filter. The diameter is roughly 40mm. I do know it is bigger than 38mm. I do not remember the micrometer reading. I do know the one provided was a 28mm and was no where close to fitting the sai pump intake.
The one I bought (right) vs the one included (left). There is a big difference. I will mention to you guys that I do have a facelift 7.5, so I wonder if this is another difference compared to a 7.
I was using the screw that fits in the high flow fp housing as a fulcrum to set this intake to fit. I think I may have wiggled it to submission, but I will probably chalk the top of the filter to see if it rubs on the hood mat. If so, I can go buy a filter that is smaller with a build in velocity stack at O’Reillys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Here is the issue I have with the MAPerformance intake filter.

So this is what I am working on, making sure I can lower the height of the filter. These are photos before the re-seat and wiggle. No pics of how it sits now. I think I have it, but I will chalk that to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greypanter

Ready to race!
For sure! Waiting on replacement TTY bolts to install em. What do you mean by elusive MKY!?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
OEM Jetta door stops to retrofit into the Mk7. These have the extra detent that's missing on the Mk7 Golf door stops. You can see them below in the first open, second open and third open (fully extended) positions. $12 each shipped from fleaBay.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Well email confirmation at least... PS4S! Buh bye all seasons. I won’t miss you. But thanks for the good times.