GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
hard interior surface, warm water and leather cleaner, nice soft brush. All the dust and bullshit that I was seeing when the sun hit the dash is gone, it's less reflective, the wheel feels better. Also did an exterior wash, wheel clean, and vacuumed the interior, then a little spritz with "The Smell of Success" from Chemical Guys, AKA "Stripper Scent". Oh, and I added another degree of timing up top, test drive later.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
On his car It’s an inno faring on an oem rack, that’s why it needed extra parts.

I have a inno rack on my car with a Thule faring and with that brand miss match it still worked with the Thule brand mounts, it’s the oem rails that like fight with everything aftermarket lol : attachments, farings, THE WIND 😂
The only reason I really want the OEM racks is because I was reading some aftermarket ones make it so the sunroof doesn’t open and I don’t really wanna lose that. Do your Thule ones sit too low for the sunroof to open? If I’m getting racks I’m probably leaving them on there 99% of the time.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The only reason I really want the OEM racks is because I was reading some aftermarket ones make it so the sunroof doesn’t open and I don’t really wanna lose that. Do your Thule ones sit too low for the sunroof to open? If I’m getting racks I’m probably leaving them on there 99% of the time.
My racks are inno brand, my faring is Thule and for me I only selected both brands for looks in reality, lol.

My cars a rabbit edition so no sunroof, but yes the inno racks work with sun roof cars it’s when you put attachments on the low racks that start to be an issue.

Some pics of the rack, box, faring combo from a few years back on the car.

IMG_0585.jpeg
IMG_0490.jpeg

The box now lives on my Tiguan… and that one has super low crossrails that the box’s “hooks” do prevent the sun roof from opening, it’s been 2 years though and for me I haven’t missed using it - I know other like to use them though.

IMG_7188.jpeg
IMG_7254.jpeg

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
My racks are inno brand, my faring is Thule and for me I only selected both brands for looks in reality, lol.

My cars a rabbit edition so no sunroof, but yes the inno racks work with sun roof cars it’s when you put attachments on the low racks that start to be an issue.

Some pics of the rack, box, faring combo from a few years back on the car.

View attachment 300974View attachment 300975

The box now lives on my Tiguan… and that one has super low crossrails that the box’s “hooks” do prevent the sun roof from opening, it’s been 2 years though and for me I haven’t missed using it - I know other like to use them though.

View attachment 300976View attachment 300978
Appreciate the pics. Might look into that combo as well now. Thanks!

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Replaced the leaky adaptor dripping coolant. Install went pretty fine, had to learn how to handle those oem clamps in the tight space. The leak had gotten pretty bad so I might want to go back there and clean things up. The MVP of this operation was a hemostat, it was perfect for holding those clamps open while moving them. Didn't need to remove heat shield.

Attachments

• IMG_7638.jpeg
    IMG_7638.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7641.jpeg
    IMG_7641.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7644.jpeg
    IMG_7644.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7645.jpeg
    IMG_7645.jpeg