GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got a few miles on the GTI yesterday. First time driving in a parking deck with the full BAUN Exhaust. I kept it quite tame but man I wanted to rip through there.

Heading back out to work today just south of Detroit. Fun thing about traveling is I am always looking at cars for sale. Going to check out another mk1 GTI in Ann Arbor while I’m up that way. I looked at a golf country in Finland a few years ago and have been seriously considering doing something crazy to get it back to the states. Time will tell.

I want to do another Mk1 Rabbit L or Mk2 Jetta.

vweuro

Car(s)
VW GTI, Hellcat
Had it serviced including a cabin filter along with new headlights and new horn, I love this car but want a Golf R all wheel drive car

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I want to do another Mk1 Rabbit L or Mk2 Jetta.
oh man....a MK2 with quad headlights and euro bumpers and lower air dam......sexy

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
1100+ miles per week sounds miserable! That's 23hrs per week of driving at an average 50mph 😬. Maybe I'm just old now, but my back would be wrecked after a month of that, 😂

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
WTF? How far away was your high school?

Far.

My parents lived about 30 miles apart, both of their houses about 30 miles from the vocational school I got my A&P (FAA aircraft mechanic) license from.

The school was open enrollment for classes not offered in your county, so by being one of the only kids who came from outside that county I made friends with people (and dated) 50 miles from home. My work was also near the school so I did a TON of driving, but it saved me at least 50k on paying to attend A&P school.

In the end it helped shape everything I am today so it was well worth it, and that’s part of the significance of the Mk2 Jetta emblem tattoo on my right arm.

Second one I owned, I’d really have to deep dive to find the OG but it was stock and dark red (not a factory color).
IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_1574.jpeg

This is the third one, rare Turbo Diesel (and my wife in the passenger seat way back when we first started dating).
IMG_0110.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1100+ miles per week sounds miserable! That's 23hrs per week of driving at an average 50mph 😬. Maybe I'm just old now, but my back would be wrecked after a month of that, 😂

Or 11.5hrs per week at an average of 100mph. It was high school after all....

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Far.

My parents lived about 30 miles apart, both of their houses about 30 miles from the vocational school I got my A&P (FAA aircraft mechanic) license from.

The school was open enrollment for classes not offered in your county, so by being one of the only kids who came from outside that county I made friends with people (and dated) 50 miles from home. My work was also near the school so I did a TON of driving, but it saved me at least 50k on paying to attend A&P school.

In the end it helped shape everything I am today so it was well worth it, and that’s part of the significance of the Mk2 Jetta emblem tattoo on my right arm.

Second one I owned, I’d really have to deep dive to find the OG but it was stock and dark red (not a factory color).
View attachment 300435

View attachment 300436

This is the third one, rare Turbo Diesel (and my wife in the passenger seat way back when we first started dating).
View attachment 300437

View attachment 300438
Somehow I figured you probably had an A&P. I got Avionics training for F-18's from the Navy, but after I entered back into the civilian world I went to work for Boeing. One of the requirements was to get an A&P in case I was needed for duties outside of my normal boring avionics duties. I didnt care because they paid for the school. I got to work on Air Force one one time for a failed altimeter and also got to work on a bunch of CH-47 Chinook's.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Somehow I figured you probably had an A&P. I got Avionics training for F-18's from the Navy, but after I entered back into the civilian world I went to work for Boeing. One of the requirements was to get an A&P in case I was needed for duties outside of my normal boring avionics duties. I didnt care because they paid for the school. I got to work on Air Force one one time for a failed altimeter and also got to work on a bunch of CH-47 Chinook's.

Yes sir, I’ve been with the same major airline since I was 20 years old.

In that nearly 13 years I’ve worked on E190, 737 (300, 400, NG & MAX), 757, 767, 777, A320 family & A330.

That, and my prior machine shop experience (started full time summer job in a machine shop at 14 years old) is why I’m so critical of 99.9% of the aftermarket parts offered for this platform.

IMG_3453.jpeg

I try not to post any company logo branded photos & most of my pictures are of stuff I’m sending to engineering or management that wouldn’t be in good taste to share.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

In that nearly 13 years I’ve worked on E190, 737 (300, 400, NG & MAX), 757, 767, 777, A320 family & A330.

That, and my prior machine shop experience (started full time summer job in a machine shop at 14 years old) is why I’m so critical of 99.9% of the aftermarket parts offered for this platform.

View attachment 300449

I try not to post any company logo branded photos & most of my pictures are of stuff I’m sending to engineering or management that wouldn’t be in good taste to share.
Looks like aviation and nuclear have some commonality. Those electrical connectors look like some of the amphenol and lemo connectors for the nuclear instrumentation under vessel.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion

View attachment 300449

This 100%. It's not just this platform... I'd argue that any aftermarket company that claims "oem quality" or "better than oem" is full of it.