GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Dropped my R off at the shop to have my HPFP/LPFP/DTR re-tune on 93 octane this morning. A Mk4 R32 in for track prep with KW suspension bits.
20240305_090520.jpg

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
@Covelight (or anyone I guess)... is that some type of protection for the crossover tube on those Brembos?
I've no idea. It's my first time seeing such a setup in person lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Started the coilover install. This one's not quite fully seated, I think I'm going to need to set the height lower and set the damping to full soft, and then continue to wiggle and fight with it. Thankfully I've got all the time in the world, so there's no rush. We'll see how cold it is over the next few days, and how motivated I am.

View attachment 300386
No matter what I did, couldn't get it seated.

After 3 hours of three grown men using jack and brute force to try to get it to seat, I put the wheels on, put it on the ground and back over and back up the lip of the driveway.

The second I moved forward and it hit the little lip at bottom of driveway, they seated.

I'm not saying it's the right way, but it worked and I had no damage.

Put it back up and tightened everything. Don't judge me, I'm a hack and it was 2 am at that point.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
No matter what I did, couldn't get it seated.

After 3 hours of three grown men using jack and brute force to try to get it to seat, I put the wheels on, put it on the ground and back over and back up the lip of the driveway.

The second I moved forward and it hit the little lip at bottom of driveway, they seated.

I'm not saying it's the right way, but it worked and I had no damage.

Put it back up and tightened everything. Don't judge me, I'm a hack and it was 2 am at that point.
I'm also a hack, and I may try this if nothing else works. But I've got a couple other tricks up my sleeve.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm also a hack, and I may try this if nothing else works. But I've got a couple other tricks up my sleeve.
Spit on it.

When we were installing @mwoodski's koni it took us almost an hour to get the first side to set in properly. The problem here was the thick paint that koni loves to use. For the second side the strut was sanded down a little bit and we used enough pb blaster to make sure @Acadia18 's garage smelled like it for a week. Took us maybe 10-15 minutes to do that side.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Spit on it.

When we were installing @mwoodski's koni it took us almost an hour to get the first side to set in properly. The problem here was the thick paint that koni loves to use. For the second side the strut was sanded down a little bit and we used enough pb blaster to make sure @Acadia18 's garage smelled like it for a week. Took us maybe 10-15 minutes to do that side.
YAAAAAAAS this was my experience with the yellows on my Mazda as well. And of course these STs have like ridges so when you let the jack out just a little too much there's a wonderful sound as all your effort is reversed.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Tightened the seat rails back up because they keep coming loose.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1709672129607.png

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Got a few miles on the GTI yesterday. First time driving in a parking deck with the full BAUN Exhaust. I kept it quite tame but man I wanted to rip through there.

Heading back out to work today just south of Detroit. Fun thing about traveling is I am always looking at cars for sale. Going to check out another mk1 GTI in Ann Arbor while I’m up that way. I looked at a golf country in Finland a few years ago and have been seriously considering doing something crazy to get it back to the states. Time will tell.