GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm a pretty big deal, I have covered parking too. It's under a big tree and they throw in 500 birds to shit on my car as a bonus. I feel pretty special.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I'm a pretty big deal, I have covered parking too. It's under a big tree and they throw in 500 birds to shit on my car as a bonus. I feel pretty special.
1691178066725.gif

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Recently started a job that is 65 miles away and am pretty happy with the MPGs. I keep it between 67 and 72ish MPH on flats/uphills, a bit faster on downhills, and do one short pull above that on each ride home. This week I saw high 39.x, low 40.x on the trip computer. This includes summer Masshole 🤬 traffic on Rt.1 and I-95/I-93 with massive stop-and-go Northbound traffic on Fridays. I already adjusted the computer's reported MPG to show increased consumption by like 6% compared to the factory setting. Is this as cool a a slip showing 11.x seconds for a 1/4 mile?

NO.

But, NGL, pretty happy with this. Here are slips from previous weeks showing high 38.x MPGs.

mpg1.png
mpg2.png

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I don't know if it was bullying myself in the CSB3 thread or what but I decided to bite the bullet and have all the exterior damage fixed. Hood dent + quarter panel both got PDR, and had two wheels with curb rash refinished. Maybe a waste of time/money given I'm sure it'll get banged up again soon, but at least for now I feel a lot better about her.

Attachments

• hood-after.jpeg
    hood-after.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • hood-before.jpeg
    hood-before.jpeg
    623.5 KB · Views: 43
  • qp-after.jpeg
    qp-after.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • qp-before.jpeg
    qp-before.jpeg
    703.8 KB · Views: 43
  • wheel-after.jpeg
    wheel-after.jpeg
    921.8 KB · Views: 45
  • wheel-before.jpeg
    wheel-before.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Recently started a job that is 65 miles away and am pretty happy with the MPGs. I keep it between 67 and 72ish MPH on flats/uphills, a bit faster on downhills, and do one short pull above that on each ride home. This week I saw high 39.x, low 40.x on the trip computer. This includes summer Masshole 🤬 traffic on Rt.1 and I-95/I-93 with massive stop-and-go Northbound traffic on Fridays. I already adjusted the computer's reported MPG to show increased consumption by like 6% compared to the factory setting. Is this as cool a a slip showing 11.x seconds for a 1/4 mile?

NO.

But, NGL, pretty happy with this. Here are slips from previous weeks showing high 38.x MPGs.

View attachment 287515View attachment 287516
Man I get 1/2 that. Sitting at 19.x mpg. I do get out and rip a bit, but all the while my screen is on avg mpg, lol. Jealous of your efficiency!

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Man I get 1/2 that. Sitting at 19.x mpg. I do get out and rip a bit, but all the while my screen is on avg mpg, lol. Jealous of your efficiency!

Feast or famine 😂. For better and worse my commute's traffic patterns force economical driving. Soon I am moving 1 mile from work and will be biking to work, which will let me finally send the GTI in for a turbo upgrade

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Feast or famine 😂. For better and worse my commute's traffic patterns force economical driving. Soon I am moving 1 mile from work and will be biking to work, which will let me finally send the GTI in for a turbo upgrade
That’s awesome! Id love to have a Chevy Volt just for the efficiency. Biking is the best. Congrats on the job and I hope it’s awesome. New job and moving too? Man that’s some stress. I hope all goes well!

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
That’s awesome! Id love to have a Chevy Volt just for the efficiency. Biking is the best. Congrats on the job and I hope it’s awesome. New job and moving too? Man that’s some stress. I hope all goes well!

I'm extremely fortunate to have landed the role, and being able to move so close is icing on the cake.

Definitely a bit stressful as I'm also doing a part time engineering MS degree lol but this kind of stress forces growth. Appreciate the well wishes!!!

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
IMG_6936.jpeg

Put on my eBay front lip, fit is excellent

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Finally had a chance to bring the car in to my friend's shop for a total A/C system overhaul - well overdue at 153k miles still on the original system. System was 300g low on freon so clearly had a slow leak somewhere. Swapped the compressor, condenser/drier, and expansion valve. All is now good as new, holding 100% vacuum, and back to blowing ice cold. Very glad to have tackled this with the brutal temps we've been having down here.

Bonus: I also got word this afternoon that I finally have an RS3 allocation, set to be built in late Sept! Still cant believe it's finally happening after a year and a half of waiting for a build slot. (Don't worry - the GTI isn't going anywhere).

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
About a month ago a kid with expired tags, expired safety, and illegal tires on his Toyota threw a fist sized rock out of his tread and shattered my windshield. Hawaii does not have zero dollar deductible glass claims and despite his truck not being legal for road use I have zero recourse. I have to pay for the repairs and geico will not cover an OEM windshield. Better yet my rates will go up if I make a claim. There are several chips in the paint on the roof from the rock bouncing between the roof and the roof box. It's going to cost me over $1000 due to no fault of my own. I've parked it and haven't driven it.
IMG_3188.jpeg

Instead of wasting my money on a windshield I bought another Mk4. This one is a one family two owner TDI sold new on island! I've been daily driving it, but today the parts to set it up for auto-x finally started to arrive!
IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
You gotta be like "Bra thats your truck? Nice. You going pay for this? No? Ok shoots I see you around....."

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Whether car is legal or not, can't hold someone accountable for kicking up a rock. Should we also make city, county, state, federal responsible for not making sure streets are debris free.

Sucks what happened. Happened to me with a semi few weeks ago, but just fix it and move on

Last edited: