12. Fuck me, another Clutch.

Sell car. Rinse and repeat.
This is way too accurate......

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
This is way too accurate......
Really is, except I will likely dump another 20k or so to finish out big turbo and fueling, cosmetics, replacement headlights, get the car looking pretty again etc.. Then will likely show the car a few times at some meets in it's "finished" stage, probably take it to the Dyno to see what all that money and investment translates too in hp/tq, and then make some YT content to share some lol's. After that, park it, list it for sale and lose 90% of what I have in it. Then go find the lowest mileage 2017 Golf R w/DSG that I can find, and build the car I really wanted. When I got my GTI, I wanted the R, but couldn't swing that 40k price tag, and my GTI was 7500 off MSRP.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Really is, except I will likely dump another 20k or so to finish out big turbo and fueling, cosmetics, replacement headlights, get the car looking pretty again etc.. Then will likely show the car a few times at some meets in it's "finished" stage, probably take it to the Dyno to see what all that money and investment translates too in hp/tq, and then make some YT content to share some lol's. After that, park it, list it for sale and lose 90% of what I have in it. Then go find the lowest mileage 2017 Golf R w/DSG that I can find, and build the car I really wanted. When I got my GTI, I wanted the R, but couldn't swing that 40k price tag, and my GTI was 7500 off MSRP.
why build the motor in the GTI then

sell it for an R

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
None of us are rational or make good financial decisions. That's why. Again, this isn't a car forum, it's a support group.
I’m not suggesting he doesn’t build a motor

Just suggesting it be in the R 🙂

All for poor financial decisions, after all, maybe a DQ500 swap would be necessary post motor build

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
why build the motor in the GTI then

sell it for an R
Because gapping cars in a GTI is funny, especially when the challenger is a Golf R.

*EDIT- That and I've already gone done the rabbit hole long ago with modifying the GTI, no point stopping now.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Because gapping cars in a GTI is funny, especially when the challenger is a Golf R.

*EDIT- That and I've already gone done the rabbit hole long ago with modifying the GTI, no point stopping now.

Buy an R. Put a regular Golf front\rear bumper on it. Slap a 1.8T badge on the back.

Then gap people and watch their faces 🤣

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

digs are supremely more entertaining IMO

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Buy an R. Put a regular Golf front\rear bumper on it. Slap a 1.8T badge on the back.

Then gap people and watch their faces 🤣
in that vein......throw on a 2.5 badge lol....

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
in that vein......throw on a 2.5 badge lol....
I did have the thought of once the Mamba goes in and Diggs gets her dialed in, of changing my personalized plate to 5XXGTI.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
digs are supremely more entertaining IMO
This is true… I actually drove the GTI into work today and while the freeway blast of letting the front wheels spin was fun and once hooked faster than the EV feels at that speed, that insane feeling the ev gives from a 0-80 blast is wild…

IMG_8052.jpeg

IMG_8051.jpeg

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yea but I am fairly certain mine will actually be 5XX. It may ward off challengers, but it may attract some too. Then again, I can rev a little when they creep up beside me and half the time they change their mind lol. Not sure if its the pop/bangs or the sinister sounding turbo whistle. Whatever it is, I can downshift to get ready to go and half of them when they hear me prep up, they change their mind really quick. I keep wondering why..