GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can't believe we've gone a whole day with a Rocket-Pop-Flavored-Water thread title and nobody made a Limp Bizkit joke

Because Limp Bizkit is no joking matter.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Here in CT we have a major thoroughfare where:

- the pace of traffic is about 75 mph and
- it's two lanes and
- there are multiple onramps that are maybe 20 yards long and begin with a stop sign

I thought I had learned how to drive in a world filled with idiots - driving in NY, NJ, and eastern PA - and then I moved here.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

- it's two lanes and
- there are multiple onramps that are maybe 20 yards long and begin with a stop sign

I thought I had learned how to drive in a world filled with idiots - driving in NY, NJ, and eastern PA - and then I moved here.
the merritt rules

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Morning rant from someone that doesn't have kids and doesn't plan on having any... WTF are parents doing when the school year starts? Y'all wake up in the morning during that first week, snort a line of coke, and then drive your kids to school? I was in three pretty close calls this morning from erratic people just doing bonkers shit.

A line of coke would be great!!

First week is always rough with getting everyone back on schedule. I get up at 4:30 to leave the house with the kids by 5:30 so I can get them where they need to go and be to work by 6:30. Luckily it’s all back roads and small towns so no traffic. Might have an Amish buggy or farm equipment slow me down.

Now the good thing about it is when school is back in and the baby is at daycare I’ll have free time during my weekdays off.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

- it's two lanes and

Unfortunately I know exactly where you're talking about, because guess what comes after the NJ turnpike when you're going back toward Boston and decided to avoid NYC?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately I know exactly where you're talking about, because guess what comes after the NJ turnpike when you're going back toward Boston and decided to avoid NYC?

The terminus of NJTP at 287 before the Tapp is awful, too. How do people not know how to merge?

I guess you could avoid the Merritt and just go 95 but that's really no better. The onramps from those rest stops are also like 20 yards long.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
The Merrits got nice bridges but the lack of a breakdown lane means things can go bad quickly. I'm glad I don't have to NYC often. I tend to Metro North when I visit the city,

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The Merrits got nice bridges but the lack of a breakdown lane means things can go bad quickly. I'm glad I don't have to NYC often. I tend to Metro North when I visit the city,

Few years back I got squeezed into a guardrail under one of those bridges by a minivan that didn't look before changing lanes. We pulled off into the grass to exchange information/call a cop, and got waaay the hell away from our cars. That was not a fun time.

Metro North is the way to go. I wish there were more New Haven Express trains, catching the uber-local out of GCT at 12AM to go home suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
:| My GTI has been hit four times since I got it in 2019, despite barely putting 30,000 miles on it. Meanwhile the Mazda, that's already got shitty paint and would be cheap to repair, doesn't get touched once, despite having nearly 100k on it since I bought it back in 2016 AND being the daily driver. I don't fucking get it. It's like the world wants me to never have a VW without a fucked up front bumper.
20k on mine and I swear it looks like it's been to the moon and back. Just an absolute magnet for fuckery.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i've been remarkably lucky on external causes damaging my cars.