GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I didn't do it, but someone else who was paid handsomely for their service installed my Ringer Racing stage 4 clutch and a Fluidampr.

Only drove 2.5 miles home so hard to give any kind of impression on it. So far it feels very similar to stock, which was the idea so it was expected. It currently engages very low but I assume that corrects itself as it breaks in. All of the gears engage perfectly fine. I am impressed with how smooth the gears engage and how smooth it feels going through the rev range with the fluidampr. That is very noticeable.

Breaking it in and then it's fun spooly boi things time
What is your power level?

It's pretty much time I replace my hst rsr clutch I put in 3 years ago. It was fine at stage 2+ but gave up at is38 on an e48 tune. It's at the point that anything beyond gentle acceleration in low gear causes a lot of complaining. I havnt been able to drive like an asshole in over a year. I'm getting smoked by stock Mazdas and focus sts. Unacceptable.

I'd had the choices down to the rsr hybrid (1600$ with new dmfw) or the south bend strange 3 endurance (2k plus).

The ringer racing rig looks like a possible somewhat more reasonably priced option.

I'm going back and forth between the idea of a stock like feel, or full send with smfw. I do sometimes have to drive in annoying traffic. Having an overly stiff peddle isn't ideal.

All input much appresh.

Once I confirm I have the tiny necked 7mm hex needed for getting the axle cups off, it's go time.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Starting young

IMG_20230312_162256.jpg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

It's pretty much time I replace my hst rsr clutch I put in 3 years ago. It was fine at stage 2+ but gave up at is38 on an e48 tune. It's at the point that anything beyond gentle acceleration in low gear causes a lot of complaining. I havnt been able to drive like an asshole in over a year. I'm getting smoked by stock Mazdas and focus sts. Unacceptable.

I'd had the choices down to the rsr hybrid (1600$ with new dmfw) or the south bend strange 3 endurance (2k plus).

The ringer racing rig looks like a possible somewhat more reasonably priced option.

I'm going back and forth between the idea of a stock like feel, or full send with smfw. I do sometimes have to drive in annoying traffic. Having an overly stiff peddle isn't ideal.

All input much appresh.

Once I confirm I have the tiny necked 7mm hex needed for getting the axle cups off, it's go time.
Why would you get the endurance? Grab the daily. I am on a hybrid and it is great.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

All input much appresh.

I am IS38 93 tuned with a RSR Hybrid and Sachs DMF. Other than some chatter I like to feel. Clutch engagement is quick but easy to get used to and feels like stock to me now. I only have about 2k miles on the setup though.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed EMD adjustable rear sway bar end links. I replaced my stock front sway bar end links with Spulen adjustable end links and figure I might as well do the rear. I had SuperPro rear end links and they are for stock ride height. Originally I left the EMD at a pretty short length because I’m lazy and figured it wouldn’t matter but I was wrong. I guess having the RSB at more of a downward angle causes it to engage earlier. Driving on the freeway doing a sweeping turn the front end felt “floaty”. Took them off, adjusted them to about 3/4 length of the SuperPro length and it’s back to “normal”. I don’t drive hard enough to really feel a difference.
Also got an alignment.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI

All input much appresh.

I only have about 100 miles on it so far. EQT stage 2 right now but going Vortex once it's broken in.

It chatters a little bit, cold and warmed up. Enough that I noticed but nothing crazy. It does engage quicker and it's a more noticeable engagement but the pedal itself doesn't feel any stiffer and it's not any harder to drive than the stock clutch. Still waiting/hoping for the engagement point in the pedal to come back a little bit but it's a different clutch so I guess it's going to feel a little different. According to Mark @ Ringer you do want to get on it during break-in so for my part I've been doing 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear pulls on a brand new clutch and it's felt great thus far. I added a Fluidampr at the same time the clutch went in so some minor differences in the driving experience could be attributable to that.

I also sit in a fair amount of traffic so going SMFW and 4- or 6-puck disk and having to deal with that seemed like something I wouldn't love. An option that can hold 620 lb/ft (crank) that's full face and retains the DMFW seemed like a no brainer to me.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am IS38 93 tuned with a RSR Hybrid and Sachs DMF. Other than some chatter I like to feel. Clutch engagement is quick but easy to get used to and feels like stock to me now. I only have about 2k miles on the setup though.
I wonder if your clutch chatter is similar to mine, with my ACT Clutch and SMF....

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

You have chatter still with the RSR hybrid and DMF? 🙁- that’s the clutch I’m leaning towards

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Took a trip to the Back of the Dragon over the weekend. It was cold, but the roads were in good shape and I had a blast. It has been more than a year since I had the is38 put in and I'm ashamed to admit that this was the first time I've really put it through its paces on a back road for an extended period of time, but it did not disappoint... The wider power band makes 3rd and 4th gear immensely better for that type of driving.

IMG_4865.JPG

Then I came home and washed all of the salt off as the roads at 3500 feet were treated. Also found a bronze chrome spray paint that matched the wheels more closely to the powder coat.

IMG_4875.JPG

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Finished way ahead of schedule!
308FB29B-0290-4D39-A011-8707B590AF15.jpeg

Being a air cure Cerakote I’ll have to let them sit for five days, and bench space is currently maxed out, so I broke out the OG beer pong table that lived in my mk6 hatch circa 2011 😂

C380FA31-FD22-4D97-9073-9A6B43BCF615.jpeg

Got to talking about the coating & it’s rated for 2,000*F, so naturally I’ll be dropping off the downpipe from my car for testing.

If I’m happy with it I’ll offer it as a option on production parts.