GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just oblong your hole in the brace a little then with a round file / dremel or old drill bit
I actually ripped the rivnut out on accident. Turns out it wasn't seated all the way to begin with. Damn I'm rusty. Anywhere I can get a rivnut a-la-carte?

If, upon replacement, it doesn't line up, I'll do tha. Great advice.

EDIT: says it comes with one extra, so I'll hunt for it... I didn't count beforehand.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
BEANS AND FRANKS!!!!!!!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Di
After some idiotic newb mistakes that I knew better of and some preplanning failures……

Finally got the bbk on. Many thanks to:
@El_bigote_AJ , @manu97 , @scrllock , @Acadia18 , @MrFabulous , @jay745 and others for pointers, advice and texts…..made it go smoothly and with confidence

Out with old…..
View attachment 270875

In with the new….
View attachment 270876View attachment 270877View attachment 270878View attachment 270879

Did you do any master cylinder coding similar to what’s been referenced in the Macan thread?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
$6 peel-n-stick felt from Joann Fabric. Good enough. Keep the rattles down. Cheaper than a new glove box door.
20230127_163931.jpg
20230127_171219.jpg
20230127_172445.jpg

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Woke up, walked into the garage, and cursed at her because I’m probably going to have some fairly large expenses this year. Wrestling with the wants vs needs….
  1. Need: New street tires (currently at 3/32 and 4/32). What tire I choose will depend on if I do #2…
  2. Want: Dedicated set of autocross wheels/tires.
  3. Need: New control arms or bushings to resolve front end clunk.
  4. Maybe need: Carbon cleaning when the slight coolant leak is addressed (no symptoms of carbon buildup but I have 71k miles, so ideally it can be borescoped before committing to the work).
  5. Want: Repaint rear bumper (previous owner had it done cheaply).
  6. Need: By EOY, DSG service.
Good thing my new job pays a little better 😆 😢

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Di

Did you do any master cylinder coding similar to what’s been referenced in the Macan thread?
Nothing….I did nothing and working perfectly. Honestly haven’t read much about that in that thread…I’ll look into it

Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Nothing….I did nothing and working perfectly. Honestly haven’t read much about that in that thread…I’ll look into it

Yeah, I was curious, I’m looking at maybe picking up the TTRS brakes myself. I haven’t read much on the additional coding being needed with them, but seems that it’s recommended with the macan calipers

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah, I was curious, I’m looking at maybe picking up the TTRS brakes myself. I haven’t read much on the additional coding being needed with them, but seems that it’s recommended with the macan calipers
You totally should! I love these things….slap em on, bleed em and roll

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This tornado attachment is the best tool I’ve ever used for interior cleaning. Idk if I’m using it as intended, but I open all the doors and blow all the crap out and it works.
A3BC91BE-0B96-4FA0-B727-F351461FDB3F.jpeg

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
ive come to the realization that I am not up for the task of installing my digital dash at the possibility of having a non drivable car so I have decided to put my dash up for sale. shameless plug, check the classifieds if you're local to New Jersey and looking for one.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Finally got an alignment done after installing lowering springs in December.