GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yeahhh, I'm gonna need info on your wheel & tire setup - that's gorgeous. Are those RT660s and RPF1s? I'm looking for something grippier for my GTI (and probably new wheels to boot), but I don't know that I want to spend the coin for the Falkens for what's ultimately a weekend car. A set a season for the autocross car is bad enough, so I'm sort of tossing around the idea of another set of DWS06+, or maybe the Pilot Sports. Rain competency is a must, but I'm not expecting to have the car out in snow unless there's some flavor of dire need.
If rain is a concern get Pilots, otherwise DWS06. I have the DWS now and driving in rain is not as pleasant as with the Pilot's, the tradeoff is I grip better when it's dry.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Hmm I was wondering about that…
If you pop a pipe driving just put it in Eco mode and fix at home. Benefit of not having a maf car

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Threw in an OEM hpfp and switched back to custom stage 2 tune

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Notice an immediate difference?
Absolutely. I didn’t realize how bad that hpfp OTS was, after moving away from that OTS E85 tune. This is my OG Ed Protune and I’m loving it

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Absolutely. I didn’t realize how bad that hpfp OTS was, after moving away from that OTS E85 tune. This is my OG Ed Protune and I’m loving it
Well that’s interesting.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Measure 6 times, use a centered center punch, and still managed to get one of the six holes off by about half a mil., just enough that it won't thread in.
20230127_180140.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Measure 6 times, use a centered center punch, and still managed to get one of the six holes off by about half a mil., just enough that it won't thread in.View attachment 271548
Just oblong your hole in the brace a little then with a round file / dremel or old drill bit