GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Did a brake fluid flush. Used a Motive power bleeder. Followed the service manual.
Is it normal that i didn't have any air bubbles come out from my calipers?

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Did a brake fluid flush. Used a Motive power bleeder. Followed the service manual.
Is it normal that i didn't have any air bubbles come out from my calipers?
If you did not open the system then you are just displacing old fluid with new, so you would not see air bubbles at the caliper bleeders. I have done this several times on my Mk VII GTI using the same power bleeder and have only had air when I replaced the brake lines.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Can you post a pic of the front wheel well? I want ti make sure that there will be no fitment issues with my RallyArmor mud flaps.

Thanks!
I don’t think you’ll have any issues.

Attachments

• 171F1A36-613E-4B0C-BCEC-75AA5E8683CC.jpeg
    171F1A36-613E-4B0C-BCEC-75AA5E8683CC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • C2C9D1BC-6236-4781-8147-F5986B69A236.jpeg
    C2C9D1BC-6236-4781-8147-F5986B69A236.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 622E3169-E68B-4130-9B7E-8E7E955108A8.jpeg
    622E3169-E68B-4130-9B7E-8E7E955108A8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you did not open the system then you are just displacing old fluid with new, so you would not see air bubbles at the caliper bleeders. I have done this several times on my Mk VII GTI using the same power bleeder and have only had air when I replaced the brake lines.
I opened the brake fluid reservoir and attached to it the power bleeder filled with two liters of brake fluid. Then tightened everything, pressurized the power bleeder, and bled the calipers. This is my first time doing it, so not completely sure what to expect.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I opened the brake fluid reservoir and attached to it the power bleeder filled with two liters of brake fluid. Then tightened everything, pressurized the power bleeder, and bled the calipers. This is my first time doing it, so not completely sure what to expect.
yeah if you haven't replaced a caliper or something, all you need to look for is the color/condition of the fluid coming through. You want it to look clean like the stuff fresh from the bottle, not dingy or dark yellow.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
yeah if you haven't replaced a caliper or something, all you need to look for is the color/condition of the fluid coming through. You want it to look clean like the stuff fresh from the bottle, not dingy or dark yellow.
Great. I compared the color and by the end the fluid coming out wasn't cloudy.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Question about post bleeding per the service manual:

Am i correct in assuming that the power bleeder must be filled with brake fluid just like during regular bleeding?

Screenshot_20221221-204213_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Started it to find my fuel line leaking again. Anyone upgrade or change the routing on their cts mpi kit? If I can get a definitive answer on what size the plug in the rail is I’d like to route the lines how pr does.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Question about post bleeding per the service manual:

Am i correct in assuming that the power bleeder must be filled with brake fluid just like during regular bleeding?

View attachment 268587
That just seems to be a confirmatory manual bleed, not really even worth hooking the power bleeder up for. I'd just do it without the old way and make sure the fluid reservoir stays topped up. But yes, if you did hook up power bleeder, you'd need enough fluid in it to cover the process.

But are you finding your pedal a bit spongey after using the power bleeder? If not, no need to do this step at all.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That just seems to be a confirmatory manual bleed, not really even worth hooking the power bleeder up for. I'd just do it without the old way and make sure the fluid reservoir stays topped up. But yes, if you did hook up power bleeder, you'd need enough fluid in it to cover the process.

But are you finding your pedal a bit spongey after using the power bleeder? If not, no need to do this step at all.
My pedal seems a bit softer and longer now that i bled the brakes, hence my interest in the post bleed.