Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
It was inevitable. I curbed mine 2 days in :cry:

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Good point. Maybe I should upgrade to the auto dip mirrors.
Or...now I have a reason to buy a new set of wheels!
look at it like this, she was getting really close to a curb so that if someone opened their door they wouldn't damage your body panel.
now would you rather repair a door ding or a wheel? personally, I choose a wheel.

(I know this still sucks im just trying to make you feel better)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Good point. Maybe I should upgrade to the auto dip mirrors.
Or...now I have a reason to buy a new set of wheels!
That's barely a scuff. I'm 52 and curbed a wheel for the first time last year. I f'd that wheel up.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The key is never be in a hurry.

My wheels were pristine til one day I had to come home quickly and then bust it to the doctor. Instead of parking in the lot I decided to just pull a u-turn and park by the curb since I was gonna be in and out.

So...I go to pull off said u-turn and it was at this exact moment I knew I fucked up. I just flat out misjudged the turn around and absolutely blasted the curb.

Too embarrassed to post a picture, new wheel was $335 tho, exciting.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
My wheels are already plasti-dipped black (because racecar) so the couple times I curbed them I just blast it with a couple more layers of plastidip and it's basically as good as new 😂

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
look at it like this, she was getting really close to a curb so that if someone opened their door they wouldn't damage your body panel.
now would you rather repair a door ding or a wheel? personally, I choose a wheel.

(I know this still sucks im just trying to make you feel better)
Additionally, at least she felt bad about it, and it's a learning experience. Once you make a mistake, you're (typically) a lot more cautious to not do it again. And she offered to cover the damage. Sounds like not only a learning/teaching moment, but also one that shows somebody who was raised damn well.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Additionally, at least she felt bad about it, and it's a learning experience. Once you make a mistake, you're (typically) a lot more cautious to not do it again. And she offered to cover the damage. Sounds like not only a learning/teaching moment, but also one that shows somebody who was raised damn well.
My sister would have blamed the curb.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
My son just got his permit. I dread the day I get this text. Hopefully His bmw will be up and going soon. I will most definitely forgive him, just my wheels are now discontinued.

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I flashed the EQT Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune on my Golf R today at 28k miles. The tunes feel awesome!

Also installed new Ruths. First time doing plugs myself. Gapping them was by far the hardest part lol.

Thanks to everyone here!