GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is this a reference to a 2x4 actually being a 1.5x3.5?

No. I legitimately found a 2x3 to work better than a 2x4...

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Took a long morning drive to enjoy the cool weather and FMIC.

Y’all I feel super woke now with an aftermarket FMIC. The power now is so consistent. Even when it gets hot and heat soaked, within a second the IAT’s have cooled and the power is there. Plus it pulls harder at the top. It makes the stock tune so much more enjoyable. Will be awesome once I get stage 1 flashed back on.

Happy 2022 ya filthy animals and thanks for all the advice and knowledge.

0621D663-0118-4AA5-9A9A-7A2784630444.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I made it less then a week thinking I was going to be “responsible” and chill out with the GTI. I made plans to sell a few things and go back to stock tune to save the clutch. I’m currently waiting for the EQT stage 1 map to finish flashing.
YOLO

edit: @GTI Jake Baun Performance Stealth TBE literally has me dreaming again.
I bought the car a year ago today. To be honest, when another member pointed out that my rear passenger door had been painted It put me in a bad mood.(really hard to tell unless the light is just right) I wanted this car to be perfect. It isn’t and that’s ok. I’ll have fun with it and not be worried about every small imperfection.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I DIY’d my DSG service. Pretty straight forward… I Pumped 5.5l in and did the level setting procedure, which takes forever. I started the car cold with the fluid at 19C and it took 32 minutes to get to 35C with me keeping the revs around 1200. I let it drip until 42C and then I closed it up.

I was surprised to see some metal flakes in the fluid, but from what I understand that’s normal for the DSG. If that’s incorrect, please let me know.

C74AD1D2-6C3E-4A0A-97F1-E6336FADF013.jpeg

Last edited:

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Took a long morning drive to enjoy the cool weather and FMIC.

Y’all I feel super woke now with an aftermarket FMIC. The power now is so consistent. Even when it gets hot and heat soaked, within a second the IAT’s have cooled and the power is there. Plus it pulls harder at the top. It makes the stock tune so much more enjoyable. Will be awesome once I get stage 1 flashed back on.

Happy 2022 ya filthy animals and thanks for all the advice and knowledge.

View attachment 234145
What intercooler is that?

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yes, indeed. Those who know, know. :p

but to fair, it’s a project I’ve delayed for about 2 months now LOL.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I made it less then a week thinking I was going to be “responsible” and chill out with the GTI. I made plans to sell a few things and go back to stock tune to save the clutch. I’m currently waiting for the EQT stage 1 map to finish flashing.
YOLO

edit: @GTI Jake Baun Performance Stealth TBE literally has me dreaming again.
I bought the car a year ago today. To be honest, when another member pointed out that my rear passenger door had been painted It put me in a bad mood.(really hard to tell unless the light is just right) I wanted this car to be perfect. It isn’t and that’s ok. I’ll have fun with it and not be worried about every small imperfection.

Not to be a even worse influence, but the Stealth exhaust with dual mufflers goes on this week & I also took an order for the even quieter single suitcase muffler version as well.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Does the single suitcase version also have the mid muffler and resonator?