GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Mine were a mess as well - this is just one of them!

View attachment 213353

They've been done with black metallic, so they're black but it's not too "severe" if you know what I mean. I was worried about this - customising a car isn't something I'd do personally but they coudn't be diamond cut again because they were ruined!

View attachment 213355

I'm going to get VW mud flaps for it at the end of the month, I think. I'm also considering changing out the mirror caps, too - I feel like the car needs something else black on the side to bring out the colour a bit more and make it less contrasting/out of place:

What do you reckon - solid black or metallic, to match the wheels?

Yeah I'm loving the look of the rims, mine look similar to how yours used to look 😬
I agree with you on the diamond cutting, UK weather just isn't good for them plus all the grit in the winter! I'm getting white worm on 2 of mine, desperately need doing just saving up at the mo.
Mirror caps, like Uberdot said, I'd go for solid black too. Looking good though and the mud flaps will make it more distinctive too.
I know you said you not one for modding (neither am I really) but you should have a look at dynamic mirror indicators. I've got smoked black ones on mine and if your going to change the mirror caps to black that'll aid the look of them too. I got mine off Ali Express £17 arrived in 2 and a half weeks and really easy to install.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968985228.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24564c4dijIoCq

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Why you.....
Spotted in FL

1620845064223.png

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Yeah I'm loving the look of the rims, mine look similar to how yours used to look 😬
I agree with you on the diamond cutting, UK weather just isn't good for them plus all the grit in the winter! I'm getting white worm on 2 of mine, desperately need doing just saving up at the mo.
Mirror caps, like Uberdot said, I'd go for solid black too. Looking good though and the mud flaps will make it more distinctive too.
I know you said you not one for modding (neither am I really) but you should have a look at dynamic mirror indicators. I've got smoked black ones on mine and if your going to change the mirror caps to black that'll aid the look of them too. I got mine off Ali Express £17 arrived in 2 and a half weeks and really easy to install.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968985228.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24564c4dijIoCq

Ohh, interesting! You mean the black indicators, right?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Lol this is an old photo. Fwiw that’s not a Florida plate either.
Is it? lol, saw it posted on Reddit. They're expert reposters. There was another one with clear garbage bags that was filled with gas in the trunk, but that one looked old af.

Half the plates in FL aren't FL plates though.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Is it? lol, saw it posted on Reddit. They're expert reposters. There was another one with clear garbage bags that was filled with gas in the trunk, but that one looked old af.

Half the plates in FL aren't FL plates though.
Why do I feel like half the cars in FL don't have plates at all? Every time Florida comes up, it just sounds like a third world country.

In the spirit of keeping the thread on track, I finally got around to disabling the amber function on the 'mode' button. I hate the amber used all around the GTI, I'm not used to it and it keeps making me think something's gone terribly wrong when I catch it out of the corner of my eye. Next item up for change is the headlight switch, going to have Clusters by Litke change the LED bulbs in it to red to make it match the rest of the interior better. Why we didn't get red LED turn signal indicators in the cluster rather than the green is beyond me.