GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Sat on this one for 2 months... the stitching was about as painful as I expected.

Any advice for keeping this thing clean? Don't mind my dirty interior
View attachment 210815
View attachment 210814

I had an E46 BMW before my GTI, and I there was one trim level that had a faux suede steering wheel from the factory. Message board comments on E46fanatics and others lamented what a pain it was to keep clean, but you may want to check there for some ideas.

By the way, what floor mats/liners are those?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Sat on this one for 2 months... the stitching was about as painful as I expected.

Any advice for keeping this thing clean? Don't mind my dirty interior
View attachment 210815
View attachment 210814
All the guys on my ZL1 forums like Sonax alcantara cleaner. I haven't gotten to use it yet, but the entire interior of that car is alcantara and the people that daily them swear by the stuff.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
All the guys on my ZL1 forums like Sonax alcantara cleaner. I haven't gotten to use it yet, but the entire interior of that car is alcantara and the people that daily them swear by the stuff.
Cheaper to just use a shoe suede cleaner with a stiff brush. The sonax stuff is really good but you can get some crepes or Jason marks stuff that’s slightly easier to work with, cleans as good and way cheaper.

the trick is to mind the nap

gbar

Ready to race!

Dameon

Go Kart Champion

Any advice for keeping this thing clean? Don't mind my
Did mine this weekend as well. Bought it on a Black Friday deal. So glad I decided to take the wheel and trim off. No idea how anyone does it in the car.
EBB1332D-3433-440C-B563-0E11E1975F56.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the new stage 5 ringer racing clutch finished up today. Such an unpleasant project working alone, even on the quickjacks and the fact that I was still fresh on remembering the process from just dropping the trans in January... this still sucked a lot lol.

D5593CB5-9709-4B89-9D0D-52EF3FBD0AAE.jpeg

1E0B9FBB-BD69-4D98-A8DA-B13A0DA7748A.jpeg

4DA50051-232D-4613-AC2F-168E6E54B05E.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Got the new stage 5 ringer racing clutch finished up today. Such an unpleasant project working alone, even on the quickjacks and the fact that I was still fresh on remembering the process from just dropping the trans in January... this still sucked a lot lol.

I just had mine done. After watching an hour long YouTube video on how to do it, I was more than willing to pay my local shop $600 to do it for me lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I just had mine done. After watching an hour long YouTube video on how to do it, I was more than willing to pay my local shop $600 to do it for me lol.
Yeah this is the 4th time since last March my trans has been dropped...felt the same as you before and paid a dealer tech to do it the first 2 - times lol.

But in the end I just feel better knowing exactly and personally how each step of the project was performed.