GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
Spent 3 hours detailing the exterior... and she wasn't even that dirty! A few things left to do outside and then I will tackle the inside.

IMG_0936.jpg

Going to replace her stock brakes/rotors/pads/calipers in about a month or so! Considering the OEM Genuine Performance Pack Big Brake Kit on front and rear.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Anyone know what size the PP rear brake line crush washers are? Neuspeed shorted me one, and it's the last thing I need to get the car back together in the AM. Too tired to look for my micrometer, will measure in the AM if no one has an answer! Hoping NAPA, Advanced or TSC will have one to get me by. If not I'll have to reinstall the 272x10s.

Bolt has a 16mm head.

View attachment 210854
View attachment 210855

Just go to your local auto parts store and grab a box/bag of assorted copper crush washers. Then match to the one you have. That’s what I did with my Stoptech kit and it seems to be performing well.

gbar

Ready to race!
It looks real sharp. Does the back-up camera still work? How do you tweak the System settings as well? Like regarding the car performance and monitoring things?
Thanks, it works surprisingly well if you can figure out how to set up the Canbus adapter correctly. There is a built in app that lets you adjust car settings (Time/date, Driving mode, car lock settings... etc.)

I haven't wired up the rear view camera yet, but I'm confident that will work when I get around to it. Keep in mind, I have a 2015 GTI which came without backup camera standard. I don't know if this headunit supports tapping into an existing backup camera feed.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Yeah this is the 4th time since last March my trans has been dropped...felt the same as you before and paid a dealer tech to do it the first 2 - times lol.

But in the end I just feel better knowing exactly and personally how each step of the project was performed.

Mmmhmmm...

Exactly while I'll learn how to do anything I can possibly do myself. Because no one else is going to pay as close attention. You'd think an expert shop (any expert shop hypothetically) there'd be no doubt, but they can be the worst of all in making stupid mistakes from complacency.

I'd have come helped, or at least shouted generic encouragement slogans from a comfortable chair. Well, its done. Hurry up and get that shit broken in.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Exactly while I'll learn how to do anything I can possibly do myself. Because no one else is going to pay as close attention. You'd think an expert shop (any expert shop hypothetically) there'd be no doubt, but they can be the worst of all in making stupid mistakes from complacency.
Maybe it's my pessimistic attitude, but I honestly believe most people just don't give a shit anymore. Our planet has become so impersonal and compartmentalized, most businesses can't even manage communication between departments well. 3/5 average employees are coming in to punch a time-card for the money and their desires, everything else is whatever.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Maybe it's my pessimistic attitude, but I honestly believe most people just don't give a shit anymore. Our planet has become so impersonal and compartmentalized, most businesses can't even manage communication between departments well. 3/5 average employees are coming in to punch a time-card for the money and their desires, everything else is whatever.
I think you're assuming anyone ever gave a shit

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I think you're assuming anyone ever gave a shit
:(

The first and last time I had someone change the oil on my gti they glued the oil cap back in. I get tired of having to check behind everyone's work all the time...

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Polish_20210419_083303463.png

The final map revision for the budget 400 project showed up this morning right before work, as I was letting the car warm up. Couldn't let that one wait until 3pm. Commuters got to see me in extra jackass mode on a few stretches.

Thus concludes the last logical mod I can think of to do. Sad.

Unless the clutch ends up not being up to it, which I really hope does not happen.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
COVID made things even worse. No one talks to anyone anymore.

Reactions: the