GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I was actually gonna ask around here how to go about doing that, most of the guides posted have dead links for the dongle programming, I understand i'll probably need to get it through the rental thread here, but what's the process for actually doing it? I have a 2 door and I've heard its different for each of the body styles. Any help is appreciated.

honestly just pm @snobrdrdan he can answer your questions.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Everyone out here showing off their 35 bucket, 47 rag, 83 chemical and fancy sprayer cleaning systems, while I'm over here using a 25 year old bucket that's been run over twice, a $0.25 rag from Walmart, and nearly empty bottle of Dawn I stole from the kitchen.View attachment 209138
Also drove my Launch Edition for the first time since Nov 2020. Old gas is no fun, but man this thing is blast!
View attachment 209140
I agree about the expensive things to wash your car but using dish soap is definitely not recommended.

https://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/learn/can-you-use-dish-soap-to-wash-a-car/

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I dunno about needing 83 chemicals, but I will say that a pressure washer is very very useful. I got mine for $40 at a garage sale. Infinitely better than the old hose method. And that's all I got to say about dat.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I dunno about needing 83 chemicals, but I will say that a pressure washer is very very useful. I got mine for $40 at a garage sale. Infinitely better than the old hose method. And that's all I got to say about dat.
Yeah I got one last year and I love using it. Power washers are one of those awesome toys every one finds reasons to use when they have one haha

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Nothing at all wrong with using dish soap IF you want to strip the wax. I do that a couple of times a year when it is time to clay bar and wax.
There are better ways. Dish soap has a heavy amount of surfactants. Dish soap will remove lipids easily though

Curryninja

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Bought a Accessport so I can finally go Stage 2. Can't wait for it to arrive on Thursday.

Cleaned the car and did some heavy vacuuming and brushing at all the nooks and crannies to get rid of the pollen there. Pretty satisfying to see even a quick rinse washing away the pollen + carbon specks dusted on the hatch bay.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Bought a Accessport so I can finally go Stage 2. Can't wait for it to arrive on Thursday.

Cleaned the car and did some heavy vacuuming and brushing at all the nooks and crannies to get rid of the pollen there. Pretty satisfying to see even a quick rinse washing away the pollen + carbon specks dusted on the hatch bay.
There's always nothing more satisfying and sneeze-inducing than seeing bright green water run off of your car was you wash it.

Curryninja

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
There's always nothing more satisfying and sneeze-inducing than seeing bright green water run off of your car was you wash it.
The worst offender is the hatch door area at the top on the inside. You can only get to it by opening the door and the pollen just cakes in there as it runs down from the outside :cry:.