GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
No driving clips? boo.

I need a copilot and was too tired when I had the chance.

Had a fellow forum member here from St Louis, MO for some mods/ and let him drive my car. His reaction to his first time brake boosting was priceless and I wish I’d filmed it, but I was basically in a daze at that point as I’m still getting used to leaving for work at 5am.

I did treat him to my inability not to beat my car like it owes me money, which also would’ve been good content lol. Maybe Wednesday when my photographer buddy is here for Passat mods round 2.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That was yesterday. Today I built and shipped some parts, restocked on argon, then treated the Burb to Amsoil in both diffs, the transfer case, and engine of course. Wanted to do the transmission and had the fluid, but somehow missed that the 6L80E doesn’t have a drain plug so I’ll need stop being lazy and grab a pan gasket and filter

The fluids all looked decent, and had definitely been changed by the original owner as it’s at 141k now, but I’m definitely glad I did all that since each drain plug had metal on it. No chunks or anything scary, but metal none the less.

Long story short keep up on the boring stuff like fluid changes it’s worth the warm fuzzy feeling you know it’s all good

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Did my rear brakes and had 245/45R17 PS4S installed. Nice and meaty once again. Was hoping for no rub but I can hear it rubbing the fuel filler neck, will explore options.

Loving those MPS4S ,such a great tire (y)

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
a bit more light in the business end (Ziza LED light, proto shipped from ECS Tuning!)View attachment 182973
I installed the Phillips LED's in the hatching and glove box. Any LED is a big difference. Should have came with them from the factory.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I Installed my AFE Dry panel filter, 034 Silicone intake tube, and Leyo Rev 2 TIP last night. Nice improvement in sound even in the stock airbox.

Can definitely feel the free-er flowing intake and a minor improvement in spool although I'm not under any illusions to the effect of this mod (minor at JB4 Map 2/ "Stage 1"). I'm just happy that the total price of the improvements is $300 with shipping and tax - instead of like $450 minimum replacing the intake and $750+ for the closed system I would want.

I would not that the Leyo rev 2 is a pretty nice piece of kit. Instead of using the stock very thick O-ring on the turbo side they provide a smaller O-ring which allows for a few more mm of increase on the small inner diameter. Fitment and install was easy, but not dissimilar to other offerings I've used.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I took her for a quick drive and a quick trip through the car wash before work. I have been stuck working from home for the past 5 1/2 months and since I got my GTI I have taken so many random joyrides and voulnteered to drive everywhere...so yeah, she got a bath.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I feel like you could take a lot of your videos to the next level had they been condensed with speaking points and editing. I know you barely have time as-is, but just something to note.

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
I need a copilot and was too tired when I had the chance.

Had a fellow forum member here from St Louis, MO for some mods/ and let him drive my car. His reaction to his first time brake boosting was priceless and I wish I’d filmed it, but I was basically in a daze at that point as I’m still getting used to leaving for work at 5am.

I did treat him to my inability not to beat my car like it owes me money, which also would’ve been good content lol. Maybe Wednesday when my photographer buddy is here for Passat mods round 2.

Hey that's me! Well worth the 700+ mile trip to meet Jake and have him put his top notch quality parts on my car, as well as correct some install goofs that myself and so-called professional shops had done. Highly recommended to anyone who wants the absolute best for their car!

Also, yes I was grinning ear to ear driving and riding in Jake's stage 3 GTI. That thing is an absolute hoot! Also when Jake says "aggressive turboback exhaust", he means it. That thing was loud and sounded insane! 10/10, would hoon again!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I feel like you could take a lot of your videos to the next level had they been condensed with speaking points and editing. I know you barely have time as-is, but just something to note.

Everything’s one shot with zero editing from my potato iPhone 6s.

I have a D3500 and MacBook Pro and had every intention on using them in 2020, but the reality is I’m way too busy to put out quality videos (from a production standpoint).

On the other hand some channels out there have full time camera crews that I can’t stand to watch because the content is dangerously inaccurate so I guess you gotta pick your poison lol.

If it ever breaks 1000 subscribers maybe I’ll step it up, but till then meh.

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
Looks like you got his DP/Res. Hope you got an IC installed for that trip as well!
I did! I actually have one of the v1 downpipes that was installed over 2 years ago. This trip was mainly for the FMIC install and some other small things. VAQ fluid swap, rear sway bar tightening, downpipe clamp replaced, etc.