GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

Got the previous owner’s gunk and sun fade off the steering wheel and DGI shift with Meguiar’s leather conditioner. Was more of a mess than I thought.

Only issue is I now have a few white dots in the leather at 12, 4 and 7 o’clock on the wheel. Open to suggestions if anyone knows how to get rid of them. They are small, but visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first thing I do when I get a ‘new’ car is clean the steering wheel, many people don’t realise that the shiny leather is in fact dirt and not wear! I too after cleaning had some small white dots in the same places as you, it didn’t bother me but I removed the steering wheel and wrapped it with an AliExpress suede cover anyway, looks great!

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Using my car as a testing platform again:
Testing my app on Android Auto

And I've made a new boot-screen for people who have a GTI TCR. It's a shame VW doesn't give the top-level GTI's their own infotainment graphics....
What is that digital read out for performance? What is it displaying? How'd you upload it?

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
thx again for posting that one up when you did...glad I jumped on it. for the time/$ this was a a big improvement

Mud
Of course man! Glad quite a few of you were able to take advantage of it. I unfortunately couldn't buy one right now as I had to cut down on expenses but maybe in the future.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Using my car as a testing platform again:
Testing my app on Android Auto

And I've made a new boot-screen for people who have a GTI TCR. It's a shame VW doesn't give the top-level GTI's their own infotainment graphics....
Hey Chillout, have you tested your app with the new Android auto update? Its my first time trying to get your app working but I can't get it to show up on the list of apps. It's possible I've done something wrong on the way, but I wanna make sure it's even compatible with the update.

I've done everything as far as allowing 3rd party apps, verifying that the Chimera service is disabled and all, enabling your app, developer mode in Android Auto, but still nothing.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
They can be had on ecs tuning.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...-tsi-engine-cover-retrofit-kit/06k103925clkt/

I got lucky and found a used one on eBay. It's the cover from 2017 Tiguan that also happens to fit the GTI provided you install 2 more ball studs which takes like 10 sec. Part number for the cover is 06K103925CLKT and part number for the studs is WHT-005-593.

Checked with local dealership as recommended by Clem604. Pretty cheap actually.

$73 CAD ($55 USD) for the cover. $7 CAD ($5 USD) for each stud.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
Why so many intakes!?:eek:

I didn't like the sound from an open intake after 2-3 weeks of having it lol. Got a good deal on a used cobb intake. While waiting for the cobb to arrive, I was able to do a trade with someone else for the apr intake since they wanted IE. Cobb intake has always been my top choice for my final intake.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I didn't like the sound from an open intake after 2-3 weeks of having it lol. Got a good deal on a used cobb intake. While waiting for the cobb to arrive, I was able to do a trade with someone else for the apr intake since they wanted IE. Cobb intake has always been my top choice for my final intake.

Ahhhhhh that explains it lol. I am looking into the DFG tuning intake.

njavier03

Ready to race!

What was wrong with the sound of the IE intake? I was looking into getting that one or maybe Cobb.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
What was wrong with the sound of the IE intake? I was looking into getting that one or maybe Cobb.

Nothing wrong with it. It's just personal taste. I thought I would like to hear the "swoosh" sound more but it was too much for me. IE intake and Neuspeed intake would be my top choices if I I go with open intake.