GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. I've considered an optima battery for the same reasons

I was going to get a braille lithium ion battery but at ~$600 the $/lb was not justifiable compared to this Deka that I was able to get for $88 shipped. I spent a total of ~$150 for the battery/autometer trickle charger/braille 8" mount/battery charging posts. The car fired right up on the first try.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What battery? The one that fits perfectly for our car weights more sadly
Optima? Really? I hadn't really searched specific models. I was going to get required output and then look for lightest weight, but don't our cars have to be programmed specific to the battery, for charging purposes?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Optima? Really? I hadn't really searched specific models. I was going to get required output and then look for lightest weight, but don't our cars have to be programmed specific to the battery, for charging purposes?

I don't know the whole thing with batteries but i believe so. The one that fits in ours weights 50 something pounds so you'll have to find a better solutions be it them or another company

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Yes the batteries have to be coded when changing out....I used obd11 to change the parameters. Another battery option is an Interstate battery for a mazda miata from costco, they weight about 27lbs if you want to stay with a conventional battery.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
If you have a GTI, you'll probably want all the weight you can have in the front.. so I would keep the factory weight battery in there unless you're going to remove weight from the rear of the car.

People tend to get CF hoods for weight savings, etc but I am not certain they realize they need to remove weight in the rear of the car too to balance everything.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
For me, took my Golf-R for a nice drive this morning and cleaned the inner glass, dressed the interior panels to reinforce with some Nero. One of the best ways to prevent interior scratches is to treat the panels with this stuff BEFORE you get any scuffs.

Happy to report, I have zero scuffs.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Not sexy but replaced the side mirror glass from effing them following the DAP video to removing the caps to install sequential signals. Grrrrrr. Tried a set of aftermarket convex mirrors but could not get used to the driver side one. After that I found an OEM set for a very good price on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Went to USP Motorsports, had the new apr update flashed, love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What stage tune do you have/update to? I have the old Stage 1 high torque file right now but definitely planning on updating. Interesting that you get about 10 more hp with the low-torque file.

Martin398

Ready to race!
washed, clay bar, full polish, turtle wax seal n shine done today. car looks great. we'll see how the turtle wax sealant holds up

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

danielroth2098

Ready to race!
What stage tune do you have/update to? I have the old Stage 1 high torque file right now but definitely planning on updating. Interesting that you get about 10 more hp with the low-torque file.

Stage 2 high torque, same tune I had before just got the update. Only difference for me was I went with the new more “aggressive” pops and bangs feature, overall the update is great. They have two separate files for FWD and AWD , the FWD file is supposed to limit spinning your tires off the line. Also the infotainment boost gauge is supposed to be more accurate now.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just drove her. There's a new detailing store that opened about a month ago so I drove down to go check that out. Ended up buying a new bucket, some new soap, and some sealant. I don't think there's any other store like that around here, but it's too bad they only carry chemical guys stuff.

Then I went further south for a smoothie and took the long way home. Enjoyed some windy roads and a couple good first through second gear pulls. Gotta have some fun drives to balance out all those rush hour drives.

When I got home I cleaned out the garage so I could park my car in it. Never been able to garage my car, so I'm pretty happy about that...especially considering the car I have now.

danielroth2098

Ready to race!
Just drove her. There's a new detailing store that opened about a month ago so I drove down to go check that out. Ended up buying a new bucket, some new soap, and some sealant. I don't think there's any other store like that around here, but it's too bad they only carry chemical guys stuff.

Then I went further south for a smoothie and took the long way home. Enjoyed some windy roads and a couple good first through second gear pulls. Gotta have some fun drives to balance out all those rush hour drives.

When I got home I cleaned out the garage so I could park my car in it. Never been able to garage my car, so I'm pretty happy about that...especially considering the car I have now.

Detail garage? They’re great stores tbh my detail garage Fort Lauderdale just celebrated their one year of being open, they have monthly car shows and have honestly been great for the community down here.