GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Took my Golf-R for a nice morning spin and realized the car is making some clunking noise from the front driver side over sharp bumps. It makes more noise while the car is in comfort mode vs normal/race. Hummm... will check the endlink bolt torque and some others maybe next weekend, but I have a feeling it might be the damper housing.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
washed, clay bar, full polish, turtle wax seal n shine done today. car looks great. we'll see how the turtle wax sealant holds up

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’ve just tried the turtle wax seal n shine as well, been on for about 2 months and is still good, can’t comment on further longevity but it’s showing promise, reviews seem positive though, with its low cost and easy application I plan on re applying after each wash anyway so no worries either way.

Martin398

Ready to race!
I’ve just tried the turtle wax seal n shine as well, been on for about 2 months and is still good, can’t comment on further longevity but it’s showing promise, reviews seem positive though, with its low cost and easy application I plan on re applying after each wash anyway so no worries either way.
have you reapplied with washes already or you haven't washed your car in two months? lol

the paint surface is buttery smooth with the seal n shine. I'll be reapplying before New England weather turns to Winter

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That trim is actually plastic, not glass. It’s notorious for the clear coat peeling.
You're kidding me? Could swear that it was glass

Edit: yup Just checked. Wow

Last edited:

FakeLime

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Car wash and I finally tinted the windows. More importantly, I drove from the Bay Area to the Central Coast via Highway 1 / Big Sur. I highly recommend it if you have the opportunity!

Last edited:

Johaan

Ready to race!
First tank of premium and cleaned the interior.

Also finished wiping the engine compartment. Until I do a wash and wax it’s as clean as it’s gonna get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Went to town on detailing it...washed with chemical guys citrus wash and gloss then sealed with white light and then waxed with collinite 845. It's too hot for that shit and I'm worn out. So far she's been washed both weekends I've had her, next week I'm taking a break. Feels good to have her waxed though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Went to town on detailing it...washed with chemical guys citrus wash and gloss then sealed with white light and then waxed with collinite 845. It's too hot for that shit and I'm worn out. So far she's been washed both weekends I've had her, next week I'm taking a break. Feels good to have her waxed though.
Yeah, 845 melts in the heat and turns into liquid almost....

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah, 845 melts in the heat and turns into liquid almost....

lol, It was an old bottle and I haven't used it in a while. It was entirely a liquid. Seemed like it was still drying onto the paint pretty good though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
lol, It was an old bottle and I haven't used it in a while. It was entirely a liquid. Seemed like it was still drying onto the paint pretty good though.
It does and works just as good

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
It does and works just as good
It's a PITA to buff out when it's very warm and sunny. If I wasn't busy sealing my deck, today would have been the perfect day for my fall/winter coat of wax.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had a license plate light burn out, so I took the opportunity to upgrade.

Deautokey full replacement plug n play. Fit like OEM, no codes, looks clean & matches the BEC 7.5 reps up front.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Had a license plate light burn out, so I took the opportunity to upgrade.

Deautokey full replacement plug n play. Fit like OEM, no codes, looks clean & matches the BEC 7.5 reps up front.

Cops will be able to read it real good now. :D