GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Buster_Bluth

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, it's your car and your money, so as long as you are happy it's all good :D I was just looking at an easier way to get what I thought was much the same result, but for you it wasn't the same result.

I put some Wolfsburg wheel centres on my (Oz only) Wolfsburg edition Golf R, and I'm sure some people don't like them, but it's my car so I can do what I like. I think the principle is ETTO ....

For sure. I would have been happy with the badgeskins. They make a fine product, and I have them all over the car, but I was ordering the Rabbit badge from the same seller and it was relatively cheap to get the PP badge with the raised lip. Didn't seem that difficult to do and it wasn't. It's good to have options. If mine hadn't come from the factory with a red badge up front I would have just done badgeskins for both. Something about the front having the raised lip and the back not messed with my OCD.

I love that there are so many cool little cosmetic ad-ons available for our cars. I also just added a cover for the credit card and coin slots courtesy of forum member 2sloww. Looks and fits nice and was only $20 shipped.

Last edited:

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Those Rennstands look awesome!! Do they fit on the jack under a lowered car?

EDIT:
I've been researching the Rennstands all night and came across this video...seems like an awesome idea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2DqnL3A1g

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's super ghetto and honestly I would not want to be under a car with those loose wooden blocks! Darwin at work.

As far as your question about the Rennstands on lowered cars, it depends how low and how low-profile your hydraulic jack is. My Golf-R is stock height and I had about 2 inches of space between the Rennstand and pinch weld when my hydraulic was at the lowest point.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Yeah, that's super ghetto and honestly I would not want to be under a car with those loose wooden blocks! Darwin at work.

As far as your question about the Rennstands on lowered cars, it depends how low and how low-profile your hydraulic jack is. My Golf-R is stock height and I had about 2 inches of space between the Rennstand and pinch weld when my hydraulic was at the lowest point.
Gotcha thanks, I have the harbor freight low profile Jack, seems like it would probably just fit under a lowered car.

And yes the video is super ghetto haha, I also wouldn't get under the car until Jack stands are in place under the subframe, but I think for raising the car without juggling the floor jack it is some good ingenuity!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
That’s what I did a couple of weeks ago also Aelwulf! I removed the snow grate and got my AFE DRY Flo filter installed. Can I ask what piggyback did you go with?

Chipwerke. I was already at their office picking up a Pedal Commander so figured I'd give it a shot since they gave me a bit more discount with both.

For install seems it's similar to Neuspeed and maybe JB1. My ramps are garbage for this car as the bumper is too low/angle too steep so need new ones. Managed to get the lower engine cover off and work under it anyway but it sucked.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
Thanks I saw it it your personal thread, however Chipwerkes doesn’t show our car on their website as a choice? I can only find golf 7 and then they show the 210,220,230HP models to pick from. I can’t find much info on their site for what the power and torque increases are for the piggyback module do you know? How much boost are they increasing?

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Thanks I saw it it your personal thread, however Chipwerkes doesn’t show our car onheir website at the choice? I can only find golf 7 and then they show the 210,220,230HP models to pick from. I can find much info on their site for what the power and torque increases are for the piggyback module do you know? How much boost are they increasing?
Haven't asked nitty/gritty. Percentage-wise for hp/torque it's similar to what others claim (up to 35%). And no, I likely won't have it on a Dyno. Just have to see if I like it.

It's the Golf VII AU, GTI 220.

https://www.chipwerke.com/product/volkswagen-golf-vii-au-gti-220-hp-chipwerke-pro-gasoline-engines/

States max end may be from adjusting after, although I haven't looked at messing with that part for now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
Well let us know how it goes. I just tried to do a search on the forums and doesn’t seem anyone has used this before? Seems to be the same as the JB1 or Neuspeed Power Module.

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Got upper and lower 034 dogbone mounts installed. NVH more than tolerable. Seems to be a slight change in my exhaust note?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Got upper and lower 034 dogbone mounts installed. NVH more than tolerable. Seems to be a slight change in my exhaust note?
You're just picking up more engine noise through the chassis. Happens when you install stiffer mounts. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
You're just picking up more engine noise through the chassis. Happens when you install stiffer mounts. Not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh, definitely not a bad thing on my end. Just don’t know how CA police will take to the sound with the new laws and all.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Oh, definitely not a bad thing on my end. Just don’t know how CA police will take to the sound with the new laws and all.
It should just be inside the cabin

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk