GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
2 step corrected the car myself for the first time ever, ceramic coated wheels and brake calipers. Never mind the wheel gap, suspension hasn't settled since lowering cars off jacks.

Which raises the next point. Haven't driven car in 4 months so I've been considering selling it. Thanks to Tampa/St. Petersburg's worsening traffic and my lack of desire to drive a manual car in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_094425.jpg
    IMG_20190316_094425.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_20190316_094528.jpg
    IMG_20190316_094528.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_20190316_094619.jpg
    IMG_20190316_094619.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 719

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
2 step corrected the car myself for the first time ever, ceramic coated wheels and brake calipers. Never mind the wheel gap, suspension hasn't settled since lowering cars off jacks.

Which raises the next point. Haven't driven car in 4 months so I've been considering selling it. Thanks to Tampa/St. Petersburg's worsening traffic and my lack of desire to drive a manual car in it.

Are you running enkei's hub rings with them?

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Any issues with them? The enkei plastic ones gave me vibrations

Did you tighten and torque them with the wheels in the air or with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground?

If you are having vibration problems, try this: Get the wheel off the ground and loosen all bolts. Then tighten in a star pattern in a gradual manner with a torque wrench while in the air (25lbs, then 55lbs, then 88lbs) you'll get them perfectly centered as the cone bolts pull themselves into the proper position.

Also, due to our hubs having a goofy lip, some hub rings might cause more of a vibration issue. I'm using no hub rings on my Konigs and have no vibrations, for example. So try taking the hubrings off if the above tightening sequence didn't do it for you.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Technically nothing but bought a driveway mate for my daughter, who's car blew headgaskets on friday. 2013 tdi beetle program car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Technically nothing but bought a driveway mate for my daughter, who's car blew headgaskets on friday. 2013 tdi beetle program car

That's a really nice beetle for your daughter, love those TDI beetles [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
15, 455 miles. Florida car. Needs tint replaced on the back window. DSG. Looks like new. I want it![emoji26]

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Did you tighten and torque them with the wheels in the air or with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground?

If you are having vibration problems, try this: Get the wheel off the ground and loosen all bolts. Then tighten in a star pattern in a gradual manner with a torque wrench while in the air (25lbs, then 55lbs, then 88lbs) you'll get them perfectly centered as the cone bolts pull themselves into the proper position.

Also, due to our hubs having a goofy lip, some hub rings might cause more of a vibration issue. I'm using no hub rings on my Konigs and have no vibrations, for example. So try taking the hubrings off if the above tightening sequence didn't do it for you.

Ya I usually tighten with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground. The vibrations only happened over 60mph. Ill have to give this a shot next time, they are off the car now