GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed coils this weekend! Heres a before and after.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Did an oil change on Saturday - added Liqui Moly Ceratec for the first time. Initial impressions are good - definitely seems to be a quality product and some brief research shows that it works quite well over time. The engine seems to be a touch "quieter" when idling, etc. Curious to see how it may affect fuel economy (if at all).

Also crossed 60,000 miles this weekend (at just over 4 years of ownership). Car has been rock solid (*knock wood*). 10,000 miles left on my extended lol.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
They are VW motorsport wheels 19x8 et41, I added the Wolfsburg caps. 1K8-071-499-A-Y9C

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Nice. Thanks.

Edit: are those painted white? I only see them in black doing a quick google search.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Did an oil change on Saturday - added Liqui Moly Ceratec for the first time. Initial impressions are good - definitely seems to be a quality product and some brief research shows that it works quite well over time. The engine seems to be a touch "quieter" when idling, etc. Curious to see how it may affect fuel economy (if at all).

Also crossed 60,000 miles this weekend (at just over 4 years of ownership). Car has been rock solid (*knock wood*). 10,000 miles left on my extended lol.

Haven't messed with Ceratec yet. I've been doing their Mo2S treatments last two oil changes and noticed a similar effect of quieting the idle a bit. Runs nice and smooth. Also: those VW Motorsport wheels are great, low key want a pair of them in gunmetal.

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't find any info on weather or not the mk7 emblem fits but if you find out let me know, it seems unsearchable/untested and I am in the boat of just wanting to black out the emblem like you did with plastidip but i also want the "oem" styling of gloss. If you find out or GP a black "mk7" emblem and it works out let me know. Or if I get fed up and GP one I will make a post about it.

What's curious, after checking my VIN, Deutsche Auto Parts confirmed the replacement OEM emblem for a mk7 would in fact fit my mk7.5, though when searching the aftermarket websites, one noted in bold letters, would not fit facelift models. I just haven't wanted to take the chance destroying the emblem I have now only to find out, there is no direct replacement at this time.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sparco Podio bronze 18x8

Bent one of my Austin’s by hitting a pothole right after buying new tires so had to get something that would fit the tires.

Lol nice excuse to buy new wheels. My Tacoma needed new tires so I traded it in and bought a GTI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Lol nice excuse to buy new wheels. My Tacoma needed new tires so I traded it in and bought a GTI.

Lol I did the same thing with my Ram. Spent a week shopping for new tires, decided $1,000 was too much so I bought a new car

Lol my Pathfinder needed a new clutch. Would have cost as much as the car was worth at the time to fix it. So I bought my GTI instead :rolleyes: