GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Broke the bonnet catch when trying to top up the washers... [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsimons1187

Ready to race!
What brand/model of coilovers did you choose..?

I went with the ST X’s and couldn’t be happier. The ride quality is great and gave a perfect drop for a daily driver in my opinion. The rears are all the way down and the fronts have a few threads left. I know these don’t go low enough for some but they fit the bill perfectly for what I was looking for. If your thinking about coilovers I’d take a look at the ST’s, especially with the rebate they have going on right now.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
How? Sorry to hear that

...simply by just pulling the bonnet catch lever. It felt tight, it always has, and pop...

...now I’ve got a floppy pull catch lever! [emoji50]

I was out and about so I called at VW earlier today. They couldn’t of been more unhelpful tbh...

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with the ST X’s and couldn’t be happier. The ride quality is great and gave a perfect drop for a daily driver in my opinion. The rears are all the way down and the fronts have a few threads left. I know these don’t go low enough for some but they fit the bill perfectly for what I was looking for. If your thinking about coilovers I’d take a look at the ST’s, especially with the rebate they have going on right now.

Cheers for that much appreciated. I like it, I think it looks class. [emoji3]

I’m currently on VWR springs, but I don’t think the shocks keep up when driving fast A roads, I think they’re great around town etc, but not when you build up some velocity on a country road.

The VWR are great, and have served me very well indeed.

I’ve been undecided on the next step for a while, and I came across some deals last week and bought some B16 Bilsteins at the Easter weekend before the offer ended.

They arrived a little earlier than expected, and are sat behind my desk at work, probably until next month. [emoji57]

dsimons1187

Ready to race!
Cheers for that much appreciated. I like it, I think it looks class. [emoji3]

I’m currently on VWR springs, but I don’t think the shocks keep up when driving fast A roads, I think they’re great around town etc, but not when you build up some velocity on a country road.

The VWR are great, and have served me very well indeed.

I’ve been undecided on the next step for a while, and I came across some deals last week and bought some B16 Bilsteins at the Easter weekend before the offer ended.

They arrived a little earlier than expected, and are sat behind my desk at work, probably until next month. [emoji57]

I was in the exact same boat as you. I came from VWR springs as well, and although they were quite good initially, there was a noticeable difference in the ride quality after about 20k. Congrats on the B16’s, I bet they will be fantastic.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
...simply by just pulling the bonnet catch lever. It felt tight, it always has, and pop...

...now I’ve got a floppy pull catch lever! [emoji50]

I was out and about so I called at VW earlier today. They couldn’t of been more unhelpful tbh...

Just stop by a VW dealer they should be able to help you if you just show up unless you are too far from one

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Swapped out my plugs today. Also took out the Snow Guard. I can’t believe there’s any debate on that! Lol. Looks crazy restrictive to me and my tender office hands.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Just stop by a VW dealer they should be able to help you if you just show up unless you are too far from one

No, I’m not too far. That’s exactly what I did, and I thought they’d be able to offer some help.

•At VW Huddersfield, I explained the situation to the lady on the service desk.

she went to ask someone:

•She came back, I’d need to leave the car with them for the remainder of today (I couldn’t do this, as I was on my way back to work).

•I asked if they could just open the bonnet, so we could fill the fluid.

She went to ask again.

•She came back and said they could, however, they would treat this issue as a breakdown, but they wouldn’t know when they’d get anyone to look at it. I’d need to wait in the waiting area.

•Can I book a time to come back with the car?

No, we’re very busy today ...maybe try the VW Dealer in Halifax....?

...on that note, I said thanks for your time and left.

During my dinner, when back at work I phoned the dealer, to get the car booked in for Monday.

•I confirmed the reg
•then I confirmed my name.
•then I confirmed the first line of my address
•then I confirmed my postcode
•then they wanted a landline number

I don’t have one.

•then they wanted my mobile...
•then she asked for my email...

“You got my details already, my car has been in with you before....!” I said.

(You get less questions when taking money out of a bank..!! )

A-presto, she confirmed the car, colour and spec....

Yes I said, yes that’s correct.

....she put me on hold again, then came back and offered a week, next Tuesday (11 Days time)

(I’m properly fed up at this point)

I asked “if she was having a laugh, I can’t open the bonnet to top up the washer fluid to remove the dashboard prompt....”

...she put me on hold again....

“Hello sir, is Monday ok...?”

Yes, absolutely....!!!

So I’m all booked for Monday... Yay.

Right now I’m not too happy with VW service, but driving home from work along some twisty A roads across the Pennines makes realise how much I love with the car...!!

Happy Friday Folks, I’m off to get a few well deserved beers.

Renck

Ready to race!
Skid tray/splash shield installed:

Before

After

Front to back view

Bact to front view (notice how the skid tray goes all the way to the subframe)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk