GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ll sell you a kit just tacked if you wanna save taking your car apart twice, figuring out everything you need, sourcing materials, etc.

I’m ready when you are!
Yea R&D is always "fun", but I do wanna run alum piping if I do it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yea R&D is always "fun", but I do wanna run alum piping if I do it

Right on. Someday I might, but right now I’m sticking with what I’ve got going to stay cost effective. Saving up to build a new house so no big purchases like a new TIG

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
Right on. Someday I might, but right now I’m sticking with what I’ve got going to stay cost effective. Saving up to build a new house so no big purchases like a new TIG
I hear you, decent tig machines are a small fortune. But when you get one, you have the problem of trying to find something, anything to tig up!

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
More power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I made a change to my MIB2 radio icons. I didn't like the light background (and it was too bright at night), so I modified the files on the MIB2 unit to have a dark radio-channel button instead of white, and I also made a small change to the wallpaper :cool:

animated gif of the change:

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I made a change to my MIB2 radio icons. I didn't like the light background (and it was too bright at night), so I modified the files on the MIB2 unit to have a dark radio-channel button instead of white, and I also made a small change to the wallpaper :cool:

animated gif of the change:

Are you gonna explain how ....?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
'Kin brilliant :D. I hate the white 'milk smear' underneath the radio button, used to think there was something wrong with the screen....

Are you gonna explain how ....?

Well, it involves a couple of things:
- gain access to the debug terminal of the unit
- copy the image archives to sd
- extract the image archive on my laptop, using a Python script I made together with another fellow VW enthousiast (it's a zlib compressed archive with raw rgba data)
- find which of the 2000+ images is the background of the radio buttons
- change the png in photoshop.
- recompile the image archive
- put it back on the mib2
- restart unit
- be happy

Pez

Just about a month into ownership..
30 percent tint. 15 on the hatch
Oem cross bars and just trio bike racks
Inno large fairing
Gloss black side mirror covers
And just threw on the 18 rennforms and firehawk Indy 500s and mud guards

Have the led replica 7.5 to do next.. thanks blaqsheep for building my confidence on the install [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Just about a month into ownership..
30 percent tint. 15 on the hatch
Oem cross bars and just trio bike racks
Inno large fairing
Gloss black side mirror covers
And just threw on the 18 rennforms and firehawk Indy 500s and mud guards

Have the led replica 7.5 to do next.. thanks blaqsheep for building my confidence on the install [emoji106]

Proper [emoji108] surprised you mounted the wheels, I’m going to give it another week. Definitely need to scoop up some gloss black mirror caps as well.

Pez

Proper [emoji108] surprised you mounted the wheels, I’m going to give it another week. Definitely need to scoop up some gloss black mirror caps as well.

Haha ya.. it was even snowing a tiny bit when u put them on.. but working from home I don't need to worry too much [emoji106]

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Installed my AWE Track exhaust. Sounds great! Not much louder than stock but has a nice deep rumble to it. Only drove for a mile or two so far but it sounds nice, with no drone at highway speed. Would I pay the same price again if I had to? Probably not. But oh well, live and learn

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk