GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

njavier03

Ready to race!
I'm gonna say nay as well. I don't understand the piping on the e-brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
What are some thoughts on this red trim I added to the interior? Not 100% I like it, I also don't dislike it. Got it for like 10 bucks off of Aliexpress...was bored and wanted something to mod lol... This modding business is almost getting out of hand! :D
Nay as well. It reminds me of the Nissan Juke Nismo RS I saw on the road yesterday. Didn't know they existed, but their red exterior accents just looked out of control.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ubermeister

I say nay. The piping looks rather thick and the look overall reminds of 1950's upholstery. Although, the rear door doesn't look too shabby.

Nice car btw. Just spacers and stock height?

Yes, just the spacers so far. There is construction everywhere with roads all torn up and manhole covers sticking up out of the ground and there is literally no where "fun" (don't want to track it since it's my DD as well) to drive around Omaha where I live so while I'm here for the next few months don't wanna lower it since I have already scrapped the bottom of the car in a few places and no real need for any suspension mods since they won't be able to be taken advantage of.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
How much are spacers? How much to put them in?

I'm thinking of holding off on VWR springs until after winter. But Ubermeisters car looks amazing with just spacers damn!

Also... thoughts on VWR springs with stock struts / shocks?

How is ride quality?

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Installed gloss black fender blade badges. Not sure if I'll keep them on permanently as I like the look of the fender without the badge.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
How much are spacers? How much to put them in?

I'm thinking of holding off on VWR springs until after winter. But Ubermeisters car looks amazing with just spacers damn!

I paid under $100 for my front and rear spacers including longer bolts. I got them in eBay. Bore on the spacer is 57.1.

12mm front and 20mm rear.

You install them by taking off your wheel and put the spacer on your hub...then you reinstall the wheel on the spacer. Torque the bolts to spec.

Last edited:

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
I paid under $100 for my front and rear spacers including longer bolts. I got them in eBay. Bore on the spacer is 57.1.

12mm front and 20mm rear.

You install them by taking off your wheel and put the spacer on your hub...then you reinstall the wheel on the spacer. Torque the bolts to spec.

Oh so it's a pretty easy install? I'm retarded when it comes to cars. Looking to learn. I seriously learned how to change a tire last year lol.

Looks like I will start with doing this- and changing the VW Emblems to black.

Any effect on the ride with these in?

njavier03

Ready to race!
Oh so it's a pretty easy install? I'm retarded when it comes to cars. Looking to learn. I seriously learned how to change a tire last year lol.

Looks like I will start with doing this- and changing the VW Emblems to black.

Any effect on the ride with these in?

There's a whole thread on the VWR springs, that you should check out. Also, spacers can result in vibrations.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Installed a Clubsport DSG shifter; I just love that red stripe on the knob and the alcantara boot :)

I like it!

What did the boot and shift knob cost you?

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed

Installed a Clubsport DSG shifter; I just love that red stripe on the knob and the alcantara boot :)

DAMN YOU!!!! I have been fighting the urge to buy this and that photo didn't help at all.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

are the boot and shifter the same part number or can they be bought separately?