GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
In my previous cars I've always kept a little organizer tote in the trunk that had a few tools and car emergency stuff in it, just in case, like a socket set, torque wrench, air pump, tire gauge, jumper cables, etc.

With the extra space the GTI has under the rear cover, I ditched the tote and just stuck all that stuff under there originally, but then they would slide and clunk around when cornering properly ;) So I snagged some kaizen foam off of Amazon, and went to work :D

I still have a little room left on the side if I want to cut out some more pockets for anything else I may want to stick under there. And it all fits nice and neat under the trunk cover!

Really cool idea. What is that foam thing you use to organize the stuff in?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Really cool idea. What is that foam thing you use to organize the stuff in?
This forum has been having some issues lately with people not reading a post before they reply to it.. This is probably the third post I've seen today where the answer to the question was in the original post.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NickC

Ready to race!
Turned out pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Went to the track and turned my tires into tar :D

Great fun! I even threw a code and had my ECU shut down 2 cylinders. Car sounded like a boxer engine.

Attachments

• IMG_20170814_094657.jpg
    IMG_20170814_094657.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_20170814_094703.jpg
    IMG_20170814_094703.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 798

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
This forum has been having some issues lately with people not reading a post before they reply to it.. This is probably the third post I've seen today where the answer to the question was in the original post.

Unfortunately it's not just this forum, pretty much every one I've ever been on has this problem. It's ok, it helps increase my post count haha

What depth did you purchase?

2.25"or some other?

Yep, 2.25". I bought the exact one I linked.

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed

I didn't ask because I like asking questions. Obviously I didn't see it. Since you saw it and knew, it probably would have taken less effort to point me there than to make a post that didnt really help. :)

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
I had to touch up my bumper... I have 2.5k miles on my car and my paint was already peeling... if the problem persists I will bring it to the dealer. I didn't want to bring it in just yet because my paint is in pretty mint condition. No swirl marks. So I didn't want to risk the chance of a shitty repair job/overspray. Overall I think it came out okay. It's not 100% perfect but I would say 80%. I also added a rubber washer from home depot to try open the gap in between the bumper and fender.

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
/\That's a very common area for the paint to start peeling :(

Most who bring it to the attention of their local dealer have it fixed no questions asked.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
/\That's a very common area for the paint to start peeling :(

Most who bring it to the attention of their local dealer have it fixed no questions asked.

I just hate the dealership. Didn't want to risk the chance of overspray/bad job and also I want to drive my car not a dumb jetta loaner! haha

Pingers

Ready to race!
^ That looks great for a DIY! I'd say closer to 90% - you'd have to point it out for me to notice if I saw your car in person. Nice job