GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

sirspiffycliff

Ready to race!
Oil change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Jesus, what are you running to get those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check his sig. Pretty much everything you can think of.

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
Fun and quick 30 minute project today.

Installed P34 intake and BMS TIP. Hardest part for me was pulling the vacuum hose off the intake ;( lol.

Louder spool and feels more responsive - very pleased.

Attachments

• rsz_img_0233.jpg
    rsz_img_0233.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Earlier in the week I installed the ROW foam for trunk storage, asking with the proper trim for a spare tire. Not a huge change but it does make removing the tree easier when I want to.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Today I finally got around to installing my downpipe, was almost a smooth install except for one of the bolts on the coupler for the stock cat back. There's always one right? haha. Either way got it installed. If you're wondering it's a Eurocode catted downpipe and I'm running a Vibrant j-spacer, and their fitment was perfect. I'm already flashed with Unitronic stage 1+ and want to run that for a bit just to make sure I don't throw a CEL, then I'll flash my stage 2 file. Downpipe sounds great though with the stock catback. Cannot believe how much the downpipe makes a difference for noise, I doubt I'll need a catback after this, maybe just get some nicer tips welded on and call it a day. [emoji2]

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Did the first oil change on the recently purchased TDI Sportwagen. Also refilled the first tank of fuel, achieving 52.9 mpg (MFD indicated an optimistic 56.3) on a 602.6 mile tank.

This Mk7 TDI is the first (of five) VW's I've owned that doesn't have a top-mounted oil filter. You also have to disconnect a coolant sensor and move a wiring harness that sit under the bottom mounted filter. Luckily the design is similar to the topside canisters with a 32mm nut built in. There is also a 13mm drain inside the 32 mm footprint that allows you to drain oil from the canister before you remove it, avoiding a mess.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Got the mount for my AP in, so I decided to do as clean of an install as I could:

Also, I learned that our Cobb APs don't have the auto on/off function yet.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Polished a years worth of buildup off the exhaust tips. Some stubburn stuff won't come off and is revealing damage to the chrome(?) surface underneath. Guess that's what I get for neglecting my tips for this long

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk