GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I do all of mine myself. Most shops around here charge anywhere from 75 to 150 per corner.

Honestly suspension on these cars is extremely easy to work on. Just watch a few tutorials and grab a few buddies couple cases of beer and you can have them done in several hours. I did all 4 corners on mine by myself in about an hour.

That is true. With an experienced buddy we installed my coilovers in 3 hours or so without a single issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Carbon fiber mirror caps, Euro LED tails and some RICE!

Attachments

• IMG_277.jpg
    IMG_277.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_276.jpg
    IMG_276.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_275.jpg
    IMG_275.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 705

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
Steel oil pan install + obvious oil change.

Packaged up another sample for Blackstone labs.

Getting ready for a bod suspension diy once i get the time in a month or so.

Going to try to do springs, rsb, endlinks, superpro fca and fsb bushings, dead set kit and oem skid tray, and then take it to get an alignment, all in one weekend.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Changed oil with extractor. Out with the Castro and in with the Liqui Moly.

Also added Power Folding Mirrors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Changed oil with extractor. Out with the Castro and in with the Liqui Moly.

Also added Power Folding Mirrors

Is it easy to empty the oil out of the extractor pump?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Thorough wash followed by iron-x and claybar session. There are no embedded iron deposits in the paint nor on top of it! As pure white as a snowflake.
Gtechniq Exo v2 is still holding up nicely after one year.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Is it easy to empty the oil out of the extractor pump?
Super easy. Mine can dispense it if I want but there is a opening that lets you pour it out. First time I used it and it got slightly over 5L out. Pretty happy a about that.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Thorough wash followed by iron-x and claybar session. There are no embedded iron deposits in the paint nor on top of it! As pure white as a snowflake.

I just clayed mine for the first time since I purchased it in November, followed by a sealing using Jet Seal by chemical guys, followed by wax. Waiting on the was to dry. Ughhhh I'm so pleased I'm almost done.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu

I planned on doing Iron x soon. But figured I could spray in dirty car, let it sit, then wash it normally?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
I planned on doing Iron x soon. But figured I could spray in dirty car, let it sit, then wash it normally?

I iron x my wheels every time and every other wash spray iron x and areas I feel attract iron (around wheel wells, rear hatch) spray when dirty, don't think it makes a difference which order but I'd rather do iron x before wash

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Last night i wrapped the roof with a buddy of mine. Didn't come out half bad since i haven't messed with vinyl in 15 years and my help had no experience.

What size sheet of vinyl and where did you get it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug

Clay barred, sealed with Chemical Guys Jet Seal sealant, then waxed with Chemical Guys Petes '53 Carnauba Wax. Tiring but I'm very pleased with the outcome.