GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

theRdude

Passed Driver's Ed
APR's full short shift kit . Definitely worth the money. I had it on my MK6R , now I switched it to my MK7R I love it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Installed the 034 engine and transmission mounts tonight at my local dub shop.

NVH is stock like. Even with the stock dogbone there's a noticeable difference with shifting feeling more secure.

Something that I didn't expect...
Going over bumps and such on the highway the front end doesn't bounce around as much. Feels more planted.

My opinion is to get the 034 mounts that if you are after stiffer engine and transmission mounts with a miniscule amount of NVH (only feel a small difference at startup).

Very OEM+ feeling :cool:

Next up? HPA dogbone mount. I ordered it, just waiting for them to make 'em :D

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Test fitted the new track wheels.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

deanmarr

Ready to race!
Idk whether saying "power from 1500rpm all the way to red line" was just a manner of speech, but you shouldn't go WOT beneath 2K rpm. between 1 and 2K is where you're at risk for LSPI. If you don't know what that is, research it, and try not to give it more than like 25% throttle beneath 2K rpm.
It was a broad statement on the power delivery difference between stage 1 and 2. However I do appreciate the tip. I will be careful between 1k and 2k rpm. Thanks

deanmarr

Ready to race!
Idk whether saying "power from 1500rpm all the way to red line" was just a manner of speech, but you shouldn't go WOT beneath 2K rpm. between 1 and 2K is where you're at risk for LSPI. If you don't know what that is, research it, and try not to give it more than like 25% throttle beneath 2K rpm.
Thanks for the tip. I am new to the GTI and need all the help I can get.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Tinted the windows and matte black vinyl on the roof and center of the hood. Thinking about what to do next.

What size vinyl sheet do you need for the roof/where did you get it? I've been meaning to get to doing this on mine for months now...

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
APR's full short shift kit . Definitely worth the money. I had it on my MK6R , now I switched it to my MK7R I love it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like my APR short shifter. I'm going to mess with the settings this weekend. The only thing that sucked is the 42DD bushings(side to side I think) were a hair too thick for the APR kit and I need to have them milled down to see if they will then fit.

Brought home my i38 and my new plates

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I spot a kitty! What does SQUANCH mean?

View attachment 15437

View attachment 15438

Went Stage 2 APR. Wow power from 1500rpm all the way to the red line. Old stock down pipe in photo.

YES!! I'm glad you're enjoying it! That freaking factory DP is a bitch to store.

ACE2

Ready to race!
I really like my APR short shifter. I'm going to mess with the settings this weekend. The only thing that sucked is the 42DD bushings(side to side I think) were a hair too thick for the APR kit and I need to have them milled down to see if they will then fit.

I spot a kitty! What does SQUANCH mean?

YES!! I'm glad you're enjoying it! That freaking factory DP is a bitch to store.
Lol squanch is from one of my favorite shows rick and morty

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk