BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The Fed broke the other one.

:D

Pardon the language, but here is how I envision The Fed:

TechRoss

Ready to race!
Precisely.

I see people, especially in the DC/MD/VA area, that leave those dealer plate frames on for the life of the car. It indicates to me that they are either severely lazy or just don't GAF about cars or their car's appearance. Trust me, nobody gives a shit that you bought your car in Annapolis. I mean, if they gave you a free yacht with it, sure, rock the M-B of Annapolis frame, but I'm guessing they didn't.

Any plate frame or dealer sticker on a car, if they get it past me in the first place, is removed by me on the dealer lot on delivery day.
Got my car home first day and even my wife was telling me to take the dealer details off the plate holder. Our plates are riveted on here so the trusty Dremel made short work of that crap.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Our plates are riveted on here

Ouch :(

I feel so lucky that:

1. No front plate is required in my state.
2. The dealer I purchased from, in a state that does require front plates, has a policy on all GTIs and Rs not to drill for front plates until customer authorizes it.

I do wish that VW, however, would place dimples on the rear of the car where standard size license plate holes should be drilled. That would make life easier.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Precisely.

I see people, especially in the DC/MD/VA area, that leave those dealer plate frames on for the life of the car. It indicates to me that they are either severely lazy or just don't GAF about cars or their car's appearance. Trust me, nobody gives a shit that you bought your car in Annapolis. I mean, if they gave you a free yacht with it, sure, rock the M-B of Annapolis frame, but I'm guessing they didn't.

Any plate frame or dealer sticker on a car, if they get it past me in the first place, is removed by me on the dealer lot on delivery day.

<- guilty :eek:

I plan to remove them from my car before the big meet this Saturday at cars and coffee in hunt valley.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
<- guilty :eek:

I plan to remove them from my car before the big meet this Saturday at cars and coffee in hunt valley.

I'm still debating road-tripping over to that. If I do, I'll be checking.