GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

How was the transfer of the BSM any photos or info would help [emoji846]

What I did for the BSM was to get a new set of wiring. Similar to this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Side-Assist-Change-Wire-Cable-Harness-For-VW-Golf-7-MK7-VII/32677293838.html

Only needed the wires for the BSM (white connectors), so the rest of what is included in that kit is a bit of a waste. I took the new BSM wires and ran them alongside the already installed main harness for the new mirrors (sorry, didn't think to take any pics at the time). I used tape to wrap everything so that it looks more OEM and keeps the new wire in place. The only pieces that I transferred from the stock mirrors to the new ones were the black connectors for the ends of the BSM wires (to the door), the mirror caps, and the BSM mirrors themselves.

Doing this makes it pretty easy to switch back to stock if needed.

It wasn't as bad of a job as I thought it might be. Doing the wiring prep work ahead of time made the actual install fairly quick.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I've got a slew of stuff to try out now, hoping something works. There's no visible residue and no residue you can feel, it's almost like it's etched into the glass or something which is what's throwing me off. The "tints" underneath where the "winnin" sticker has actually been removed since summer and is still visible when wet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sounds like you need a clubsport hatch conversion. ;) Good luck getting that junk off. I'm gonna try some of that stuff on a label my wife cooked into a corelle ware plate. Lol

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Enkei Raijin 18x8.5 with stock 225 tires

Just purchased a pair of the Gunmetal Enkei Raijin 18x8 to be mounted on 235/40/R18 Continental ExtremeContact Sports! Should be arriving today

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
WD40 I put that sh***t on everything LOl [emoji23]:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The IP attorney from Frank's RedHot® is on line 1. Please pick up.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Giac is38 ecu and DSG tune.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Summer mode enabled. Got my Enkei TY5 mounted with Michelin PSS.

Car went straight to the detailer for CQuartz finest for the whole car, calipers and wheels :D Should have it back in a day or two.

Attachments

• IMG_20170321_122531.jpg
    IMG_20170321_122531.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_20170321_122527.jpg
    IMG_20170321_122527.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 836

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
How much are they doing the CQuartz if you don't mind me asking?

Local guy quoted me ~1100 CDN + labor for paint correction of a few trouble spots (getting an estimate tomorrow, extra labor only to fix the problem spots). Very reasonable! Tax return well spent.

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Replaced the stock windshield washer flappy cap with a newer revised model. This one is hinged so that it stays open while pouring fluid! Can't believe it took this long for a redesign. [emoji122] [emoji629]

Part # 3Q0-955-455

Stock
https://youtu.be/y96IfJxZfDw

Revised
https://youtu.be/xLQ5TOKBjyA

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
^

Too bad it's not made of carbon fiber. :p That extra tenth of an ounce might win a race.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
It's true, you're gonna want that carbon fiber windshield washer cap. No regerts for the purchase of mine.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
On a serious note, I do like the idea of that washer cap. Our stock ones are quite chintzy feeling.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Installed the boomba shifter adapter....wow what a difference in feel - highly recommend in combination with a BFI or other weighted knob....near perfection