GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TonWah

Ready to race!
Been debating putting my roof rack on. Had it on my MK6 but used it once. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. You have other means of transporting the bike or just not riding enough?

Looks nice! Seeing your MTB on top of the GTI reminds of how much I miss hitting the trails - can't wait to open the bike season in a few months. Bball is just not as fun.

Thanks. I hear yah. Been about 3 months since I've hit the trails. Looking forward to more trail times.

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Haha. You have other means of transporting the bike or just not riding enough?

Thanks. I hear yah. Been about 3 months since I've hit the trails. Looking forward to more trail times.

Well - surfing. But I've not ridden a long board far enough from my house. I typically walk. LOL

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Damn. Had no idea. I actually have a Yakima which I think does???

Sorry for the blunt answer, a better answer would be that OEM bars from an MK6 will not fit an MK7 but on the aftermarket once I guess you just get the correct kit and reuse everything else. Sorry for the confusion [emoji4]

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Sorry for the blunt answer, a better answer would be that OEM bars from an MK6 will not fit an MK7 but on the aftermarket once I guess you just get the correct kit and reuse everything else. Sorry for the confusion [emoji4]

Oh, all good!

Haven't decided how bad I actually want them on the car. Haha

Millers9673

Tmd and tip

I've been considering similar upgrades. Noticeable sound difference?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I've been considering similar upgrades. Noticeable sound difference?

I did the Eurocode pieces and IMO the sound difference was pretty minimal. I went with Eurocode mostly because of the price, and am not sure if more expensive options like APR's would be any better.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
AWE downpipe installed, mated to the AWE Track exhaust:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
AWE downpipe installed, mated to the AWE Track exhaust:

Oh boy !!! That looks sweet, are you comfortable with the added noise ? Or are you planning to add the resonator that AWE sells?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Oh boy !!! That looks sweet, are you comfortable with the added noise ? Or are you planning to add the resonator that AWE sells?

I'm not the type of person who, because I just dropped some dough, am going to tell you that a product is the best thing since sliced bread. So here goes:

My impressions are pretty much exactly the same as member moonluv810, who has the same setup. The setup sounds civil at startup, cruising, and regular driving - no drone. However, it screams like a banshee under WOT starting at 3,500 rpm. Not ricer or raspy - just fvcking loud! This introduces some NVH into the cabin that may be unpleasant for passengers. Me personally, it doesn't bother, and I really think it's just a cabin issue; it sounds sha-weet outside the car. If you look at moonluv's Youtube channel, he has three videos driving his car. The one at the Track Day, he ironically is using the Touring. The other two, he's using the Track. Listen to it when he stabs it and you'll hear the NVH I speak of.

So yes, I do plan to order the Touring resonator section so that I can do the five minute swap, depending on how I intend to drive the car that day. If I'll have passengers, it'll wear the Touring. If I am going to a meetup or want to be a 45 year old going on 25 asshat, I'll slap on the Track.

I also got some fuel burnoff, similar to the dsg fart when I mash it and then let off the gas suddenly. It made me giggle a little.

Last edited:

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
I'm not the type of person who, because I just dropped some dough, am going to tell you that a product is the best thing since sliced bread. So here goes:

My impressions are pretty much exactly the same as member moonluv810, who has the same setup. The setup sounds civil at startup, cruising, and regular driving - no drone. However, it screams like a banshee under WOT starting at 3,500 rpm. Not ricer or raspy - just fvcking loud! This introduces some NVH into the cabin that may be unpleasant for passengers. Me personally, it doesn't bother, and I really think it's just a cabin issue; it sounds sha-weet outside the car. If you look at moonluv's Youtube channel, he has three videos driving his car. The one at the Track Day, he ironically is using the Touring. The other two, he's using the Track. Listen to it when he stabs it and you'll hear the NVH I speak of.

So yes, I do plan to order the Touring resonator section so that I can do the five minute swap, depending on how I intend to drive the car that day. If I'll have passengers, it'll wear the Touring. If I am going to a meetup or want to be a 45 year old going on 25 asshat, I'll slap on the Track.

I also got some fuel burnoff, similar to the dsg fart when I mash it and then let off the gas suddenly. It made me giggle a little.

This is all very helpful user feedback. Currently running the track Edition Exhaust and have loved it. Cold starts are my favorites. Haha

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
This is all very helpful user feedback. Currently running the track Edition Exhaust and have loved it. Cold starts are my favorites. Haha

Same here on Track w/ stock DP. It's a great combo.

For anybody going full AWE TBE at the same time though, I'd recommend Touring. Then if you want even more aggressive, buy the Track conversion for $158. It's not like AWE doesn't warn you. lol Per their site:

The AWE Tuning® Track Edition Exhaust is for those who want to turn it up to 11. The Mk7 GTI Track Edition Exhaust takes all of the handcrafted engineering of the Touring Edition Exhaust, and replaces the resonator with a straight pipe section for a more aggressive tone (and a more aggressive price to boot).
Please note: this is a loud system and buyers should be aware.