GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

pjr

Ready to race!
Took my GTI in for its second annual service.

Also got two new tyres - Contisport Contact 5 to match the existing Contisport Contact 2 that are only half worn - new tyres on the back wheels, with the part worns now on the front. There wasn't much difference in price compared to the fast fit type places, and they promised they would be careful with my wheels - which they were (no marks on the wheels) :D

There was also recall work done to replace the fuel pump (campaign 20W5), but no other work was needed and I politely declined the air conditioning service.

Slightly amusing conversation with the service advisor when booking the car in.

VW : Since you have a GTI do you want us to wash your car ?
Me : No thank you - I was just about to say 'Please don't wash my car'
VW : Thought you would say that - we've found that owners of the GTI/GTD/R tend to be a bit more fanatical about their cars so don't want us to wash them.

:D

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Put 235x40x18 Cooper Zeon RS3-A's on. My gas mileage just went down like 15/20% (and I'm not complaining [emoji41])

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Ordered ECS bleeder valve... hopefully smoother shifts are in my future.

MK777

Passed Driver's Ed

New Wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
Wife slipped the clutch for the first time in sixth gear... -.- Only her second time driving it after APR Stage 2.... (warned her not to boost in sixth..)

greypanter

Ready to race!
Wife slipped the clutch for the first time in sixth gear... -.- Only her second time driving it after APR Stage 2.... (warned her not to boost in sixth..)
Are you stock clutch? At How many miles you tuned and what your mileage now?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you stock clutch? At How many miles you tuned and what your mileage now?

When I got the stage 2 I was at about 11200. (Skipped stage 1) right now about 11800. So about 600 miles with a flashed ECU. I was fine driving it everyday as I never boosted below 3k rpm but she decided to boost in 6th when I told her not to and a 500 rpm spike happened. First slip I've had yet but thats a sign that a clutch will be needed. Answer to question though, yes I am on a stock clutch

greypanter

Ready to race!
When I got the stage 2 I was at about 11200. (Skipped stage 1) right now about 11800. So about 600 miles with a flashed ECU. I was fine driving it everyday as I never boosted below 3k rpm but she decided to boost in 6th when I told her not to and a 500 rpm spike happened. First slip I've had yet but thats a sign that a clutch will be needed. Answer to question though, yes I am on a stock clutch
Am guessing your GTI is a 2016! Mine is a 15 with 21k miles on the odo, tuned to Eurodyne stage 1.5 91oct on stock clutch, all is still good here.

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Not today, but yesterday. I put on the 034 Dogbone Mount and I am thoroughly impressed with it. For 40$, it is probably the best cheap modification you can do for sure.