GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Josh64

Ready to race!
It's your car, do what you like and makes you feel good.

The only thing that I would point out is that instead of a 4 door buy a 2 door next time, that will save you a couple of hundred pounds.

I would have definitely gone with a 2 door. They didn't have any and it would have taken too long to order one so I settled for a 4 door. :(

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
First mod. Tint.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Haha, I knew you guys would be critical, but I wasn't expecting mocking. It's significantly more fun to drive like this, I've done it with every car I've owned. I never have anyone in the back and if I want to I can put the seats back in very quickly. I see people spending hundreds/thousands of dollars to make their street cars quicker and everyone supports that. This is free and provides noticeable improvements, why mock me with "Cause #racecar"? No one says that to people spending money on lightweight wheels that cost thousands or ecu flashes that void the warranty.

"Seems like a waste to me."

I'm not throwing that stuff out! I can put it back in any time very easily. It's literally 1 screw and 1 bolt holding all of that together. The only tools you need are a T30 torx bit and a 17mm wrench. Try it before you knock it.

"If the picture of your car was smaller, might it weigh less also?"

Those are 33% of the original size lol.

On my phone they look huge.
Mostly we are joking with you.
Low cost mods are often the best, and best way to gain speed is less weight.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Had it's first service today. Also had a bit of fun in a 15 plate Beetle cabrio courtesy car. Fun little toy.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Made slight pig's ear of touching in scuff on front bumper / valance made by me (stupidly) clipping garage, the one I've driven in and out of every day the last few years. Will prob further put my local friendly, ace cosmetic damage repair man's kids through college (see what I did there) by booking car in for it to be properly, expertly repaired and a have couple of small dings I've just noticed sorted at the same time. Should cost a little shy of 100 notes, seems to happen every 14 months or so, sigh....

Last edited:

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Installed front plate. I think I will shell the money out for a proper towhook mount because this one touches the bumper on the highway. Good thing j put some foamy stuff to protect against that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk