GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

chid

Ready to race!
I did this:

I love how it turned out, the contrast, the mate black.....
And it's the first time I ride the 18in wheels.... It changes completely....

Attachments

• Plasti dip.jpg
    Plasti dip.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 3,714
  • GTI-plasti dip wheels side.jpg
    GTI-plasti dip wheels side.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,541
  • GTI-plasti dip wheels.jpg
    GTI-plasti dip wheels.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,608

jjm51

Ready to race!
I did this:

I love how it turned out, the contrast, the mate black.....
And it's the first time I ride the 18in wheels.... It changes completely....

very nice chid. i am usually not a fan of black wheels, but this looks really good to me.

i am planning on changing out tires/wheels from the start. but, you got me thinking; curious about doing those stock wheels done in anthracite now.

thanks for your pics.

chid

Ready to race!
Thanks John,

I didn't plan to do it, but a friend had a can of plasti dip.... so I tried :D
it's incredibly easy..... it was more difficult to install them without scratching the plastic...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
very nice chid. i am usually not a fan of black wheels, but this looks really good to me.

i am planning on changing out tires/wheels from the start. but, you got me thinking; curious about doing those stock wheels done in anthracite now.

thanks for your pics.

What wheels are you thinking about.
Wondering what style someone slightly older than I likes.
Any pics?

PGT

Ready to race!
Anybody else have an issue with the seatbelt receptacle banging against the center console on the passenger's side when the seat is empty? On both driver and passenger side, there's felt on the outboard side but not where it hits the center console.

Is that normal? It can't be.....who cares about it rubbing against your jeans vs. hard plastic hitting hard plastic of the console?

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Anybody else have an issue with the seatbelt receptacle banging against the center console on the passenger's side when the seat is empty? On both driver and passenger side, there's felt on the outboard side but not where it hits the center console.

Is that normal? It can't be.....who cares about it rubbing against your jeans vs. hard plastic hitting hard plastic of the console?

I do too.

jjm51

Ready to race!
What wheels are you thinking about.
Wondering what style someone slightly older than I likes.
Any pics?

yup; older dude here. i am a sucker for tradition, or what i think is a 'classic' look. taught art history for 30 years, so i feel like i know what i am talking about. he-he :rolleyes:

i really like 5 spoked wheels. had them on pretty much every car i have owned. it's a look i am just used too as well.

don't think they look dated either. love when i see similar styled wheels on older and new porsches for example. this style of wheel has been around forever. even before i showed-up on his planet. lol

here you go sandman.

1. 1st pic is my current car. these are oem vw karthoums. 18 x 8. i have the silver color. regretting not getting the anthracite ones. was too 'bling' for me 4 years ago. ha.

2. i am hoping to find them still in anthracite. not sure they are still being made? this is off a dealer site. (pic #2)

3. pic #3 i think will be my back-up. 18 x 8 neuspeed's in anthracite. might be a little busy for my taste. also, i really like keeping things oem. we'll see.

thinking of even keeping my current wheels and having them redone by a professional and throwing some original detroits back on.

pics;

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,854
  • th_VOT_3074_Karthoum_titan_GVI.jpg
    th_VOT_3074_Karthoum_titan_GVI.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,877
  • 668099_x600.jpg
    668099_x600.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,882

farcyde11gti