GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
The amount of movement, for short bumps, is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip and more constant grip when tracking over an imperfect road. For this reason, lighter wheels are sought especially for high-performance vehicle's and would improve over all ride quality.. Filling the tyres with nitrogen again can have benefits [emoji2]

Awesome. I'll have to look into maybe making that my first purchase. Never really thought it would make the much of a difference and quietly lul'd at people touting their lighter wheels (mostly because I like the look of the OEM wheels so much and not so much with aftermarket :( ) but the more I looked into the more I saw I was a big doofus for not trying to get lighter wheels myself!

Oh uh...On topic: Tried to diagnose a rattle that has cropped up...not even 800 miles :(:(:(

Sounds like it's coming from inside the dash somewhere behind the touchscreen unit. I'm thinking the soundaktor cable I unplugged may have wriggled lose from the tape I had it on.

jolebole

Ready to race!
Installed ECS 15/20mm spacers. Loving the stance now. Still have to get rid of that obnoxious wheel gap :(

Before spacers

With Spacers

Last edited:

Esonick

Agreed. I wish someone would do something like the Openflash Tablet for the FT-86 platform. You got a touchscreen that plugged into the OBD-II, you could flash/update/log any time you wanted, and the entire thing was open source so you could see what the tune did, or make changes. None of this 'proprietary' crap. You're tuning a car, every tuner does the same thing (with a few unique spices), you aren't hiding anything.

View attachment 3381
Tossed some of the winter toys on top.

Any of you guys with roof bars can answer this please do they leave any marks on the roof when they have been removed?
No

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk ?

Liland

Ready to race!
Mounted mud flaps yesterday, hopefully i can reduce from cleaning my car 3 times a week to 1-2 times :p

jolebole

Ready to race!
Cleaned the exhaust tips with Nevr-Dull for the first time. Holly Molly!! What's in that thing? It makes them brand new!!

Ruyleo

I've been having more fun than a grown man should washing a car. Just got it and am having a blast. Here are the first photos pre some upcoming mods. Scheduled to have Prestige Spectra Photosync 35% layered with 3M Color Stable 50% window tint and Suntek paint protection film on full front clip + headlights.

Attachments

• IMG_3779.jpg
    IMG_3779.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,588
  • IMG_3780.jpg
    IMG_3780.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,580
  • IMG_3787.jpg
    IMG_3787.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 2,442
  • IMG_3781.jpg
    IMG_3781.jpg