GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Krameel

Passed Driver's Ed
Lowered with Eibach Pro Springs by 35mm

jolebole

Ready to race!
Installed rear Volvo plate bracket. (thx Roger2050!) Looks nice and clean now. No more free dealer advertisement.

Then I took off my dealer installed front bracket, only to find 5 holes underneath! What a bunch of imbeciles :mad::mad::mad:

I was considering covering them with white plastic hole plugs like Ive seen some people do on the forum, but 5 holes is just too much. I have to fix the bumper at a shop eventually.For the moment I installed a vw gti front plate bracket a friend of mine gave me.

Last edited:

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
Then I took off my front dealer installed front bracket, only to find 5 holes underneath! What a bunch of imbeciles :mad::mad::mad:

Ugh... I'm going to be doing this soon, and I hope I don't find the same thing. I also have to find some time to remove the god damn pinstripes that the dealer so thoughtfully added

jolebole

Ready to race!
Did you have to drill four new holes into the back bumper to attach the bracket?
Nope. Just two holes. Thats all you need. The rest of the black points(4) are the rubber bushings already installed on the bracket so it does not touch the bumper.

Last edited:

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope. Just two holes. Thats all you need. The rest of the black points(4) are the rubber bushings already installed on the plate so it does not touch the bumper.

Cool. Did those two screws and the four acorn nuts come with the bracket? Thanks for answering!