GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I am thinking next time I swap out end cap screws on my machines I am cutting the heads off the allen bolts to use as that. I also thank you.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Full Front end paint protection film.

SK90

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally installed the LED’s found on an R. Really given the car a new lease of life. But also poses the question, debadge or not to debadge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njavier03

Ready to race!
Keep the badges! I’ve debadged my previous cars, but I actually like the badges on white golfs/GTIs/Rs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Finally cleared the 1,000 mile break-in period, but I've got winter tires on and the roads are shitty, so I can't put the hammer down just yet. #Firstworldproblems

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
How long did you have your GTi shane?

Mine will be a year old in 2 days and my odometer is @ approx 21,200. I had it parked for approximately 2 months during that almost 12 month duration. I had a health scare and had almost 2 months leave of absence from work so it didnt drive from the 3rd week of july through the 3rd week of September. I had a Stage 2+ B8 S4 prior to my mk7 GTi and i dont miss the b8 even when considering the issues below.

Consider yourself lucky for owning a sport. My autobahn's sunroof is super annoying. Although i have a pending case with VWOA I've hesitated to take it into a dealer since I'm extra nervous of the dealer mishandling the issue.

My sunroof has started its rattle phase since approx. 5k miles. Now it sounds like a styrofoam cooler with lid issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
How long did you have your GTi shane?

Mine will be a year old in 2 days and my odometer is @ approx 21,200. I had it parked for approximately 2 months during that almost 12 month duration. I had a health scare and had almost 2 months leave of absence from work so it didnt drive from the 3rd week of july through the 3rd week of September. I had a Stage 2+ B8 S4 prior to my mk7 GTi and i dont miss the b8 even when considering the issues below.

Consider yourself lucky for owning a sport. My autobahn's sunroof is super annoying. Although i have a pending case with VWOA I've hesitated to take it into a dealer since I'm extra nervous of the dealer mishandling the issue.

My sunroof has started its rattle phase since approx. 5k miles. Now it sounds like a styrofoam cooler with lid issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I bought it on October 27, but my commute to the office is only 6 miles, and I only do that maybe 50% of the time. On my last car, over the 2.5 years I had it I averaged 850 miles/month. I may have to get a trickle charger to keep the battery from failing prematurely!

I love the Sport, and it's really the only trim I was considering, since I wanted the performance package, lighting package, and the Nogaro wheels (much nicer than the Austins in my opinion). I also think the plaid seats add to the character of the car, though there is something to be said for the smell of the rich Corinthian leather in the higher trims. I do miss having a sunroof (this is the first time since 1997 that I haven't had one), but with everything I hear about the rattles and creaks, I guess I'm better off without one!